Cloud area calculation and cloud mask export

Hi,

I would like to calculate cloud area in the sentinel image (absolute and relative). I have cloud mask from 2A product downloaded from scihub and I also calculated cloud mask by Idepix modul. I would like to calculate cloud area from one of these cloud masks in absolute values ( e.g. 100 km2) and relative values (e.g. 10 % of the whole image). How could I do that ? I found out about mask area modul, but there is only one absolute value, no information about total area.

I would like also to ask how could I export these cloud masks if I want to use them in QGIS for further analysis and processing.
Thanks.

To get the relative value you can create a new mask which contains all pixels (Mask Manager and create new mask with expression ‘true’) and then compute the area for this mask, with both values you can compute the relative value.
You can export the cloud masks by converting them into bands, for example.
use the Band Maths create a new band named e.g. ‘cloud_band’, disable the virtual band option in the dialog and as expression simply use the mask name.
Afterwards you can create a subset that only contains this new band and then you can export it.

1 Like

Bonjour Ă  tous,

Je suis nouveau dans le monde de la télédétection. Je travaille sur les images sentinelle 2.
Je suis entrain de produire une sĂ©rie temporelle pour caractĂ©riser la vĂ©gĂ©tation en Afrique de l’Ouest (BĂ©nin)
à travers les indices de végétation. AprÚs avoir traité mes images avec sen2cor, je ne sais pas comment
appliquer mon masque de nuages sur les images à partir du masque de nuages fourni par sen2cor dans le dossier (GRANULE/
/QI_DATA/S2A_OPER_MSK_CLOUDS_
_B00_MSIL1C.gml). Je l’ai converti en shapefile avec la fonction ogr2ogr.

Ce que je ne sais pas faire, c’est appliquer ce fichier de masques sur mes images pour enveler les nuages de mes images afin de calculer mes indices sans nuages sur les images.
En effet, je travaille sur qgis.

Toute idĂ©e me serait d’une grande utilitĂ©.
Je vous remercie d’avance d’une rĂ©ponse Ă  mon sujet.
Merci Ă  vous.