Convert XML to Tiff using GPT

Hello everyone!
I recently tried to simply convert a large amount of S2 files (new Format, single granules only) from XML into the GeoTiff-BigTiff format.

I tried building a simple graph XML (Read -> Resample -> Write), but this doesn’t work for some reason. As a result a Tiff with more than 20 GB is created (and growing…). However, this doesn’t make much sense due to the initial file size of approx. 600 MB.

Now I tried to extend the graph by adding a subset step before the Write command. Here, no output is created when using the default subset parameters. Am I missing something here or are the any alternatives?

Thanks a lot!

S2 rasters consist of JPEG2000 files. They are smaller than GeoTiffs because they are stored as integer (no decimal values) and the format supports a large degree of compression. Second, resampling of 60m rasters to 10m for example requires a multitude of the storage capacities.
If you convert them to BigTiff you inevitably generate larger files.

I think you have to resample and then subset in one graph before you can convert to GeoTiff or BigTiff.

I see your point but the difference between the origianl file and the GeoTiff isn’t as big as if I export if from the SNAP GUI.

If I am doing the subset in the graph, which parameters need to be defined in order to get the whole extent? The default xy parameters obviously don’t work here…

Thanks

you mean that the same operation produces different data when using a graph?

Once I computed how much data a S2 L1C scene contains.

This was done for a scene containing multiple granules, but it gives you an impression who much data it actually is. Also if you now only have a single granule.

In the same post I’ve mentioned how to enable compression for a bigtiff file. Maybe this helps.