Cross insar ERS-ENVISAT range filter

Hello everybody,
I managed to carry-on with the interferometry, even though the results are not really great,
that´s why I was trying to implremnt on my workflow range and azimuth filtering after having created a coregisterd stack of my couple of images.
but I ended up having the following message:

A problem occurred during the target production initialisation. Type: operator exception
Message: The product ‘Range_filter’ already contains a band with the name ‘Phase_16Jan2009’.

It this occurring because the images were taken at the same day and this represnts an exception for the processor or it is a known issue?
regards
Buendia

For those who are interested, this is the topic where it was previously discussed:

Is renaming the bands an option? Maybe
Phase_16Jan2009_ERS
Phase_16Jan2009_ENV

dear abraun,
where should i change this?
before or after the coregistering?

on the coregistered stack the only layes available I have are:
i_mst_16Jan2009
q_mst_16Jan2009
intensity_mst_16Jan2009
i_slv_16Jan2009
q_slv_16Jan2009
intensity_slv_16Jan2009

I don’t know, you’ll have to try :slight_smile:

hello ABraun,
I tried to rename the bands in order to perform azimuth and range filetering but then I had the same problem as before with the i_vv and i for envisat and ers and as a result the snap does not compute the filters.
In the meantime I have tried 2 ers image with 1 day difference and with these inputs i was able to perform the filters. Furtherly when i calculated the interferograms and the coherence with the ERS tandem combination I got an extremey better coherence in the same area I was trying the ers-envisat approach.
I came to the conclusion that the 2 filters are compulsory in order to obtain a relible result with the ers-envisat tandem. I really hope that this limitation will be overcome with the release of the new version of snap.
Any idea concerning the possibility to fake manually on the metadata the date of the acqusition in order to avoid coping with this limit of the actual version of snap?
thanks
Buendia

thank you for reporting. Unfortunately, I don’t know at which point the metadata (or the data itself) should be changed so that ERS and ENVISAT work together.

Hello everybody,
I tried today the new beta version of SNAP 6 and I tested the compatibility between ERS and Envisat in crossinterferometry.
More in details I tried again to filter my stack of images in azimuth and range before interferogram formation.
Unfortunately I obtained the same message I had with the SNAP 5.0:

A problem occurred during the target production initialisation. Type: operator exception
Message: The product ‘Range_filter’ already contains a band with the name ‘Phase_16Jan2009’.

So I guess this problem is not been solved in the beta version.
regards
Buendia

Please report the issues you encounter in this thread: