Getting oil spill bit mask in snap from SLC product

i have tried with varying window size, lowered the threshold shift and maintained the cluster size as 2sq.km.
i obtained the results as shown

is there any other ways to cover the zone with spill bit mask?
how can i extract the scatter/intensity plot for an area? i need to show the variation in the intensity of dark spots and nor- dark zones?
could you suggest me on the other feature interpretation , like wave, currents from this data ?

You can apply stronger filters which enhance the dark areas befor the masking process.
You can draw a polygon and investigate the histogram of oil and non-oil areas.

Getting oil zone from Non-oil Zone:
i took the layer "oil spill detected with mask "
i have created profile plot with sigma0 vs pixels

it is giving the bar chart as displayed. it gives/shows the values, when the cursor is moved.
In this profile plot,
1.How can i eliminate the shaded line? ie. the standard deviation
2. i need to draw, plot line(line graph), instead of bar chart, suggest me how i can do it ?
3.why it is considering only the masked zone, if i navigate the cursor out of the mask, it is showing NaN?
4.how can i merge, the chart with sigma band, so that , it should display the value of sigma0 on the polyline itself, i.e on the drawn polyline itself.
5. Which filters, i can apply before masking in the oil spill detection tool?

Kindly suggest

To investigate the darkness of pixels I would rather recommend a histogram instead of a profile plot.

If you want to draw a plot along the line you should place the line on the image intensities instead of the _msk_detection output file. This would give you something more like this:

i made the histo plot , but i could not able to interpret it

Then i have constructed the profile plot with sigma0 intensity as suggested.

i could able to get some signatures. i.e the values of intensity (<=0.004). i am taking this as a threshold value.
May i assume the pixels, which have this value, as oil ? can i refine this further ?

you can either test if some filters improve the spectral plot in terms of a better separability or use the oil spill module directy on the image

could you please give me the index of sigma0 values for Heavy fuel oils, so that i can do better seperation from the look alikes.
An index will definitely support, this seperation.

maybe you find something helpful here, especially chapter 11
http://www.sarusersmanual.com/

Thank you.

1.i have imported an ESRI shapefile into SNAP. By default, it is appearing as white. How i can change the colour of it ?

2. How i can change the colour of the drawn geometry?
3. How can i export the sigma0_vv in netcdf format? as i need to merge into an existing netcdf files .

using the mask manager

File > Export > lists several netcdf formats

in the mask manager, i could able to change the colour of the particles, but they look tiny. How can i increase the size of them?

In the layer manager, the particles look bigger, but i could not able to change the colour of them.

I need to add band math for getting sigma0 from amplitude, could you please suggest an equation ?
where can i get the digital number ?
how can i compute the amplitude ? however it is displayed in pixel info

can i square the amplitudes for geting intensity?
How our SNAP converts the amplitudes into Sigma0_vv intensity?
By the way, The intensities of bit mask show higher range (500 to 1000) but the sigma0_vv intensities are in lesser range (0.004 to 1.5) why so ?
generally sigma0 is a dimensionless number, then why it is measured in db?
Please suggest me on the above .

on DN, amplitude and calibration, please see here:

on the sense of data in db scale, please see here:

Thank you ABraun.
whether the calibration carried out in oil spill detection belongs to Distributed or point target ?

while doing the radiometric calibration of GRD products , will the radiometric calibration be done for distributed or point targets ?

while doing the oil spill detection, the sigma0 is computed from the intensity values for Sigma0_vv in intensity. But amplitude values are taken for computing Sigma0_vv in bil mask. Why so?
Hope intensity = amplitude^2

Yes, intensity = amplitude^2

what was the value of the window size you ve used? 61 the default, 512 like someone suggests or a different one? what is the logic regarding how to set a proper window size?