How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

Dear All,

This is the editted version By me @falahfakhri of PSI USING StaMPS, according to the questions of @bayzidul and answers of @FeiLiu

Would you please to find it as attachment file, waiting the collaboration of you all.

PSI USING StaMPS_V_3.docx (185.9 KB)

Dear Bayzidul,

Here comes answers to your comments,

-Satellite orbital path must be the same for both satellites (Yes in most cases)
-Orbit direction must be the same (both ascending or descending orbits) (Yes)

• No, you can’t generate an interferogram between ascending and descending acquisitions. (It is inapplicable)

In the StaMPS export add Debrusted stack first then Debrusted Interferogram (According to SNAP V.5 it is not possible to implement topo pahse removal before DEBURST)

Dear @alvegavaleri

Thank you so very much. Did you also ran the script from the data directory (where you have exported all StaMPS files).

cd //full_path_to_data
mt_prep_gamma_snap(changed) 20150728 /full_path_to_data/ 0.4 2 2 50 200

Thnaks

Thank you @falahfakhri

Yes I run mt_prep_gamma_snap from the same directory where I have the data exported by SNAP.

Dear colleagues,

Here comes a new editted version of implementing PSI using SNAP and StaMPS, according to @gabrielaquintana77 questions and notes.

PSI USING StaMPS_V_4.docx (186.3 KB)

4 Likes

Have a nice day, everyone.
I reached the step StaMPS.
Further I can not understand how move. Received in SNAP folders (/ diff0, / geo, / dem, / rslc). They must be placed in the catalog StaMPS or not.
Where to run the mt_prep_gam file and how to connect the matlab?
Excuse for troubling. Give please advice.

Please, I’d like to draw your attention to the previous post

Not running “make install” in the directory StaMPS.
error - “make: *** do Not set goals and not found make-file. Stop.”

Hello @Alex_P
You have to run make && make install from the src folder. Which platform are you using ? Can you show us a screenshot of the Terminal, maybe then i could help you a little bit more.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you. Bayzidul
Win10. Cygwin64 Terminal. Make install from src
does not exist directory / bin

Hi @AranLarra. I read your message just now.

However, for both ERS and ENVISAT cases, I obtain PS’s in vegetated or forest áreas…
What may be the cause of this error???

I don’t know if you find the reason of your problem. Watching your maps, it seems that you are using two different subset. So, have you check the lat and lon bands are correct? Also, have you check that all your images are visible before StaMPS export?
If all is ok, the problem is in StaMPS elaboration. How many pixel are selected during step2 and step3?

1 Like

Hi @Alex_P

The installation confirmation in Cygwin is also same fo rme…

In LINUX i also have the same confirmation BUT here it shows the bin directory and had also ran StaMPS from matlab and it worked…

In this regards someone else could help us by posting the screenshot of their installation confirmation.
@annamaria @AranLarra @FeiLiu @falahfakhri @cfatras

1 Like

I also tried cygwin on Windows an thought I got it compiled but as soon as it comes up to Matlab, syntax issues and other dependencies forced me to quit this. I think the only reliable way is to have a Linux PC somewhere.

1 Like

Anyone can help me about how to get .lat and .lon files. I masked the master file and export pixels but the .txt file is almost 6GB. .lat and .long files contain just coordinates or Pixel-X Pixel-Y Coordinates? Could you share one of you inside the .lat and .lon files?
Thank
Fikret

you don’t export the pixe values as text, save them in ENVI format instead. See here (4th post):

Thanks @ABraun. I got it and obtained .lat and .lon files easy way. But I have some error still. I am using cygwin64 and tried both mt_prep_gamma and mt_prep_gamma_snap version but I got same errors. PATCH files are created but progressing didnt started. It says mt_extract_cands: Command not found but it is in the bin files. What should I do?

Fikret

use a Linux machine. Was the same for me with cygwin. It doesn’t call the scripts correctly.

ok thanks @ABraun :confused:

@Fikretjfm @ABraun if you use csh shell in Cygwin you will be able to run the scripts on windows (just type ‘csh’ in Cygiwin command line to change from bash (used by default) to csh).

Additionally, I added a few lines to the modified mt_prep_gamma script by @FeiLiu to avoid problems when matlab tries to access the folder where the data is (Cygwin executes unix scripts “virtually” and the absolute path that uses is different from the real one in windows, which is used by Matlab). The script works if you run StaMPS from your C: drive, otherwise you will have to modify drive name to run them correctly. Change_log.txt explains how to modify it.

After running this script you will only need to run matlab and change ‘insar_processor’ to ‘gamma’ and hopefully all will run flawlessly.

Change_log.txt (1.1 KB)
mt_prep_gamma (6.6 KB)

3 Likes