Interferogram averaging for DEM generation

Thank you, no problem

Is there a chance to make interferograms out of slave products in a stack?
I made a stack with 1 master and 12 slaves and then made image pairs
master-slave1
slave1-slave2
slave2-slave3
ā€¦

But the interferogram operator doesnā€™t work for the slave-pairs, it generates no output. I tried to rename one of them mst istead of slv08 for instance but this also didnā€™t bring any change.

I would like to make interferograms of short temporal baselines which are are alreay in the same geometry.

This is something that SNAP does not yet support, but it is a high-priority development in the near future. @mfitrzyk

2 Likes

that would be very nice.
So there is also no workaround at the moment? I tried to split the stack and then stack image pairs manually but they donā€™t seem to be recognized as an input for the interferogram generation after that.

Is there a way to select an ideal master of many Sentinel-1 SLC scenes for a (one master) stack? The Coregistration overview does only work for non-TOPS products and I would like to select the one with suitable baseline conditions to all other scenes.

Edit: Nevermind - the InSAR stack overview does it. If someone knows a tool which computes the baseline graph as well, Iā€™m interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ABraun what do you mean with ā€œbaseline graphā€?

This :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, that would be nice. Or at least some way to export the table from the stack overview.

Well, I donā€™t know if itā€™s the right place but in general, It would be a good SNAP QoL improvement to have a button ā€œcopy to clipboardā€ for any displayed data/tables

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent idea!

1 Like

I realize Iā€™m jumping in on a thread that might be stale, but what @ABraun describes regarding pairing slaves to form interferograms is exactly what I need at the moment. Is there a timeline for such a capability?

Thanks for any advice, in general, Iā€™m grateful for what SNAP provides.

Hi ABraun,
Iā€™m trying to average interferograms, creating according to ā€œCreate a DEM using Sentinel-1 Dataā€ reciepe. So, as far as I understand, youā€™ve stacked unwrapped interferograms after snaphu import. Which tool have you used? Radar - Coregistration - Stack Tools - Create Stack doesnā€™t work because of ā€œPhase band should not be selected for co-registrationā€ error.

Iā€™m not sure if averaging them before unwrappng might make more sense because the fringes are still present and could be pronounced by the averaging. But I donā€™t know if snaphu takes anything besides the exported interferogram.

Iā€™m following these steps for a series of S1 SLC IW data (M-S1, M-S2 and so on)

And then I want to do:

Is it a right way to create interferograms stack or may be I missing something?

give it a try!

Thatā€™s what my question about. I canā€™t create stack from imported unwrapped interferograms. I use ā€œCreate stackā€ from Radar - Coregistration - Stack Tools, but receive a mesage ā€œPhase band should not be selected for co-registrationā€ error. What tool did you use for interferograms stacking?

just look above :slight_smile: Interferogram averaging for DEM generation

coregister all images to one master and then stack them with coregistration > create stack.

Ok, Iā€™ve tested this approach, but have been dissapointed by results. So, Iā€™ve come to conclusion, that averaging unwraped interferograms has as little sense, as averaging resulting DEM.

Iā€™d like to ask you again after long time, did you get any result in this topic?

No. I found that areas with suitable coherence area already fine with one pair while areas of low coherence can only hardly be improved by including multiple interferograms. But I am still interested in this point. Any suggestions for a suitable study area? Should contain various surface types and be small enough to be included within one subswath for a first try.