Resampling in snap

I am learning the Image processing in Snap. Somebody please help me in Resampling the images i.e. resampling images of 20m to 10m.

1 Like

the tool is found under Raster > Geometric Operations > Resampling. You get more information in the Help file.

3 Likes

Thank u so much.

I have the multi-temporal sigma0 images in HH, HV, VH and VV bands for four kinds of incidence angles FQ3 (21.1o), FQ8 (27.06 o), FQ21(40.34 o) and FQ26 (44.6 o).

The spatial resolution after terrain correction of each is 12.4, 10.04, 7.23 and 6.7m respectively. In this case, is it a good idea of resampling them all to a common spatial resolution and if yes, how should I do it in SNAP?

I would rather use Coregistration and select “Product Geolocation” as Initial Offset Method. The resolution of the product which is on top in the first step determines the spatial resolution of all rasters. Select Bilinear resampling.

I tried the same method since my SAR products are in GeoTIFF.
When creating a stack, When I just chose o/p extent to a minimum since I need overlapping extents of the multiple rasters, but I get the following error

Whereas, If I choose for ‘master’, it is fine, but I get the uncommon parts of other scenes too stacked.
Like this :

Have tried collocation, but seems like it doesn’t preserve the metadata of slave bands (correct me if am wrong)

Also, the co-registered stacks (slave bands to be specific) always end up with the following errors while opening.

Am guessing this is to be due to GeoTIFF format.
But, is there a way I can stack the SAR bands in GeoTIFF version within snap?
As of now, I cant go back to beam-dimap.
So, let me know if there is a way to work stacking with GeoTIFFs (of S1 bands)
Thanks in advance

Conversion to geotiff always brings the risk of losing metadata which are required for geocoding or stacking.
Are the products from different orbits?

If the data are unprojected you need coregistration, but this needs orbit information. My recommendation is to re-download the data and stick to the BEAM DIMAP format.

1 Like