Sen2Cor 2.4.0, Stand-Alone Installers, How To Install

Well, you assume there is zero benefit, but you do not know that for sure. Also, if you would make sure the whole project would be open source, you would not have any maintenance issues at all, because the specific user community and source compilation would accommodate that.

Memory issues may be manageable as well, but would also require access to the source. Most of the processing of sen2cor appears to be localised, so should be streamable to a large extent. In fact, you do not have a developer community for sen2cor, exactly because it is closed at the core.

I am interested in demonstrating cheap processing solutions on RP3s (35 Euro per piece), e.g. for anyone who cannot afford big hardware solutions. That often means tailoring to low(er) bandwidth and stripping bulky processing solutions to the bare minimum. Atmospheric correction is essential for S2 use. I am looking at (open source) 6S as an alternative, because it yields comparable results to sen2cor.

I’ll check the source for the scene classification and water vapour, because I understand these are independent from the atcor part (but useful to finetune 6S).

1 Like

I really don’t buy this. Usually maintenance cost is not tied only on packaging or building. It is much more that that

Anyway, You are diverging from subject which was “Sen2Cor 2.4.0 stand-alone Installers”. The post itself on says about linux, osx, windows. It is okay to start discussion about 6S, Sen2Cor and ATCOR, licenses (apache2, mit, GPL3) but you are doing this on wrong thread.
If you want to get ATCOR part under an open source license, feel free to start a new thread or make new project and publish it as open source!.

It is really cool to have this.
I wish you will be able to succeed in getting a cheap alternative solution for Sen2Cor.

Well, wrong again. My RP3’s run 64 bit linux, so perfectly match both the title and the content of this thread. It was you who started about maintenance. What is the “much more than that
” part of maintenance exactly? I do not agree that the choice of open source or not has no impact on software maintenance and evolution, but happy to leave that for another thread.

Hi there!

I try to install the Sen2Cor 2.4.0 but it doesn’t function.
I’ve done something like Remi, but I had no success.
But in my case I was able to put the SEN2CORE link in the “Optical> Thematic Land Processing” menu. In fact I just asked to install the plugin through the “Tools> Plugins” menu and then the same program already put it in the correct place. Then I changed the system variables in the “Tools> Manage External Tools” menu pointing to the path where I placed the Sen2Cor folder.

However when giving the command to start Sen2Core it gives an error message as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor/L2A_Process.py", line 6, in <module>
    from numpy import *
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 180, in <module>
    from . import add_newdocs
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\lib\site-packages\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 13, in <module>
    from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from .type_check import *
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\type_check.py", line 11, in <module>
    import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
  File "C:\Users\josef\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    from . import multiarray
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Process exited with value 1
Finished tool execution in 0 seconds

I do not know what I’m doing wrong, I’m needing help with this! Please!

I thank the attention,

José

did you download the standalone installer or the python version?

Hi
I wasn’t able to get SEN2COR to work on a Mac, and now I am trying windows.
Windows 7 SNAP 5.0.
I called “L2A_Process.bat --help” and all works well. Yet, I cannot use sen2cor in SNAP.

I am trying to use the command window, but I get an error “L1C user product directory must match the following mask:” etc
 I have changed nothing from when I downloaded the product
just unzipped the folder.

I know you are overwhelmed with this topic
but I am hoping for some help :slight_smile:
Elsy

Hi @Elsy,

your problem seems to be related to the name of the product you are trying to correct. Have you changed its name? Could you please write your full command to take a look?

@Remi, have you added Sen2Cor plugin into the SNAP? Click menu “Tools”, “Plugins”, tab Available Plugins, find and install Sen2Cor plugin into the SNAP.

I have identical error like @josefdsales. Does somebody know a solution? I have standalone version of Sen2Cor.
Thank you, Wojciech

Hello!
Thank you for your reply. I haven’t changed the name. I unzipped the downloaded folder, and that’t it.

So, I type in the command prompt
L2A_Process (folder containing the .safe file and has the same name as the file)

Sorry @ABraun, I forgot to write this.
Yes, I’ve used the Sen2Cor Stand Alone installer.

I still have the problem related before and I don’t know what to do.

Another thing is about the error message that appears in the image I’ve uploaded in my last post. The message is in Portuguese, (I suppose it’s because the language system of my PC is that). I translated that in the SNAP log, but here I write again:
> from . import multiarray

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I spect that can help another person to help me.

Hi,

only to be sure, you have to execute L2A_Process with the full path to the .SAFE folder (not the path to the folder containing the .SAFE) something like this:
L2A_Process
[the_L1C_product_directory]/S2A_MSIL1C_20170307T130941_N0204_R052_T22ECQ_20170307T130935.SAFE --resolution=60

2 Likes

indeed! that was it! thank you

can you post output of L2A_Process.bat (sh) ?

hello, please, help me, i have a problem with installation sen2cor stand-alone
after calling the command “L2A_Process.bat –help, it show an error,
i ve a windows 8.1
thanks

This is no error, your program works fine :slight_smile:
too few arguments means that sen2cor needs to know where your data is located:

L2A_process --resolution 10 directory

Manual chapter 3.3.1

The instructions look so simple, so why can I not get it to work?
in cmd i type:
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64>L2A_Process.bat -help
and the result is:
directory “C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\Ă»help” does not e
xist
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64>

What do I do wrong?

Try with:
L2A_Process.bat --help
or
L2A_Process.bat -h

Sorry, it makes no difference at all. -help, --help, -h, --h all render the same results.

Just try without any -help or -h or --help like this command
D:>Sen2Cor-2.4.0-win64\L2A_Process.bat
Hopefully it would work.

Hi there,
I have the same problem with @josefdsales and @wgolabek,and i don’t know how to solve it.Does anybody know how to solve this problem?Thank you very much!