Sentinel 1 incidence angle & local incidence angle confusion

Hi, I had coregistered images into a stack, and did terrain correction on the stack. Wondering if the incidence angle of the stack is the master image’s incidence angle? Moreover, for the output local incidence angle of the terrain correction, what is the local incidence angle calculated based on? Is it still only based on the master image’s incidence angle?
Thanks!

Local incidence angle is affected by topography, based on DEM. Incidence angle is angle between LOS direction and normal to the ellipsoid, local incidence angle accounts for local slopes.

5 Likes

As the slave image gets adjusted to the master’s geometry, the incidence angle of the output product im both slant and range geometry represents the one of the master.

1 Like

Thanks!
May I ask if I wanna plot the realtionship between the local incidence angle and backscatter for each image, do I need to do terrain correction for each image seperately to get its own local incidence angle? Or we can assume the local incidence angle for these images are similar?

I would say they are more or less the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they are similar. A final question: if the terrain is relatively flat, local incidence angle should be similar to incidence angle, is this correct?
Thank you so much!

yes, if topography is zero, the incidence angle equals the local incidence angle

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!