Sentinel 2 product opener

Dear all,
Is anybody else experiencing problems with sentinel 2 product opening in the latest snap 2 software?

Thank you

Hi,

Which particular product are you trying to open ?
Do you experience problems with all products ?

Thanks

with all sentinel 2 products downloaded fromm the esa hub. i’ve tried to open it either from the open product selection, or from the import sentinel 2 selection.both seem not to work.

Please mention the exact product ids.
I just tested S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_20150714T123646_R019_V20150704T102427_20150704T102427 and it works for me.

Also mention your OS.

im testing
S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_20150820T085706_R051_V20150815T110427_20150815T110427.SAFE

and i have a windows 7 ultimate.

when i press open. it shows that it loads but never shows the product in the product explorer.

Thank you

There is a on the bottom right corner. Could you click on it, the click on “show and report problem”, the “details” and send us the error message? Thanks in advance.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.getMosaicProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:209)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:126)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:169)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:158)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:37)
at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.RunOffEDTImpl$3.run(RunOffEDTImpl.java:275)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Thank you @asterios_papas for reporting

@Nicolas this is :

This suggests we still have an issue with the openjpeg executables (opj_dump here probably did not execute properly)…

after evaluation i understood that this problem is only on my computer. my important question is, is there any way to fix this?
i tried to uninstall and install it again and it didnt work, either deleting every directory.
Is there anything i can do?

I have the same problem with my computer!

I get the same exception on my computer, what can I do to fix this?

I have the same problem with my computer. How can i solve it?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.getMosaicProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:183)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:126)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:169)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:158)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:37)
at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.RunOffEDTImpl$3.run(RunOffEDTImpl.java:275)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Dear Helpers,

I do not manage to open S2 product (MSIL1C in jp2 format).
My version of SNAP is 2.0.2 and I am using Window 7.

After creating manually the folder .snap\var\cache, I just have the message ‘Error while reading file’.

I manage to open this same file with QGIS.

Is this problem known for next version of SNAP ?

BTW, I manage to open S1 product without pb.

Thank you.

Hi Celine,

I tested it and I can not open them either. But why do you only want to open one band&tile? Just for visualisation? If so I would recommend IrfanView. You would need to install the software itself and the plugins (to be able to open jp2).

Cheers
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the IrfanView advice, QGIS is pretty good too.
As I am not sure to have well understood, could you precise if there is a solution if you open all the bands&tiles?

Thanks,

Céline

Hi Céline

To open a S2-dataset you have to open the XML-File in the main directory:

C:/
…’— S2
…’— S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_…20151217T103953 <-- Your Directory of the S2-Dataset
…|---- AUX_DATA
…|---- DATASTRIP
…|---- GRANULE
…|---- HTML
…|---- rep_info
…|---- INSPIRE.xml
…|---- manifest.safe
…|---- S2A_OPER_BWI_MSIL1C_PDMC
20151217T103953.png
…’---- S2A_OPER_MTD_SAFL1C_PDMC
…_20151217T103953.xml <-- open this XML-file in SNAP

I hope the graph above is not too obscure.

Cheers,
Andreas

It is very clear. Thank you very much.
I can open the S2-dataset now (although it is a bit long to read all the bands&tiles).

Cheers,

Céline

1 Like