SNAP exception errors on update

I can’t seem to do any work after a SNAP plugin update.

I have a 32bit machine with 8 GIG of memory. I copied these errors from the log file.

Here is one error, “SEVERE [org.openide.util.RequestProcessor]: Error in RequestProcessor org.esa.snap.rcp.SnapApp$StartOp
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Patricia.snap\auxdata\gdal\environment-variables.dll: Can’t load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform”

The other error is, WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Found same position 800 for both Toolbars/Tool Windows and Toolbars/Standard.xml

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.FileSystem]: Rename #0 failed: Cannot rename file Windows2Local/Modes/.nbattrs~ in C:\Users\Patricia\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\config to Windows2Local/Modes/.nbattrs. New file exists: true. Rename result: null.
INFO [org.openide.filesystems.FileSystem]: Sleeping for 70 ms
WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.FileSystem]: Rename #1 failed: Cannot rename file Windows2Local/Modes/.nbattrs~ in C:\Users\Patricia\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\config to Windows2Local/Modes/.nbattrs. New file exists: true. Rename result: null.
INFO [org.openide.filesystems.FileSystem]: Sleeping for 45 ms

Are you sure about 32Bit? I’m asking because 8GB of memory is not very useful on 32Bit system. It can only make use of 4GB.

Hello,
Unfortunatelly, the gdal library of SNAP is not working on 32bit. Furthermore, this exception is affecting also some SNAP functionalities, like GPT. In this moment, the only solution is to uninstall SNAP, and to install it again without the S2TBX module (after that you can even update it, but remember not to install the S2TBX). We are working on a solution that will be available in the next release. Thank you for your understanding.

It could be a workaround to delete the gdal modules manually.
They are named:
org-esa-s2tbx-s2tbx-gdal-reader.jar and org-esa-s2tbx-s2tbx-gdal-reader-ui.jar
You can find them either in
C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\modules
or on Unix
/home/USER_NAME/.snap/system/modules
Delete both files.
After starting SNAP you will be asked that if you want to disable these modules. Answer yes.

Hello,

I undertook your suggestions and reinstalled without S2TBX. I’ll wait for the new release. I have other software that will process the images. Thank you. I very much appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,
Walter

Thank you Marpet,

I took Ramona_Manda’s suggestion and reinstalled without s2tbx.
As for the memory issue I see I wasted my money. I like to use my old machines for working horses so what I may do one day is just convert it to Linux. I run Linux on my 64 bit laptop but I can never seem to get the correct operating memory for these 4 year old machines.

W