SNAP installation error

Just while uninstalled and re-installed Toolboxes/plugins, a WARING (below) popped-up.

“Warning - could not install some modules: S1TBX Feature Extraction Tools - The module named org.esa.snap.snap.raster was needed and not found. 2 further modules could not be installed due to the above problems.”

How Can I get / install org.esa.snap.snap.raster

Here I rectified upto some extent…

By uninstalling all the Plugins (which are not active and not activated) and re-installed those all.

But here the difficulty is with IMAGE VIEWER and RADAR menu options are not appearing…

I am on that job to find them and install it on my SNAP tool.

Any other possibilities are welcome…!

Maybe you start from scratch and uninstall SNAP completely.
You should find in the bin folder of the SNAP installation directory an uninstall script.

SNAP installation and configuration is usually reliable, so you should make sure there isn’t some underlying problem on your system and then start over with a fresh installation. The colour scheme in your message looks like Ubuntu linux. Two common causes of problems on linux are installing as the “root” user and running out of disk space for the installation. You should make sure there is at least 2 GB free space to install SNAP 5, as well as space for the data files you intend to use. It is generally good practice to keep 10% free space on linux disks.

If you are on a slow network and anticipate more problems, you might find it better to download the “updatecenter” files
snap updates and snap extensions to local directory. After the initial install, select Plugins from the Tools menu and used the “Add Plugins…” button under the “Downloaded” tab to select the .nbm files, then run “Install”.

2 Likes

Thank you gnwiii George N. White III.

Provided links about snap updates and snap extensions which solves my difficulty in activation of Sentinel1 Toolbox.

The module named org.esa.snap.snap.raster (addressed in earlier) is solved by installation of snap-raster-5.0.7.nbm

Thank you Marpet (Marco Peters) for your identifications and suggestions accorded.

And here in my system, SNAP ENGINE KIT MODULE is only left over for activation.
Even I tried with getting the same from above links and installed…
It is showing
Even though it is working fine., Does any future BUGS may rise with it…
If so, how can I rectify this…

The not activated SNAP engine kit should not cause future problems. Even though it indicates that there is still a problem with the installation. But probably you can neglect it.
Have you tried to select the module and activate it?

I had a couple of tries to rectify the same,
In list of plugins/toolboxes it is showing as Deactivated.
Even I tried to activate it, but it can not activated