SNAP will not start unless run with admin rights

After installing SNAP64 for all the tools, on a domain joined windows 7 machine, it seems to start to load and then stop, this being run as a “normal” user. If I right click, and “Run as Administrator” then it starts just fine. Is this normal behavior or is there a way around this?

Which version of SNAP? There were issues with Windows admin installs for SNAP 2, but with so many updates, Windows is a moving target. There could be probelms introduced in a recent SNAP or by some Windows update.

Did you install SNAP as an administrator? In my workplace we have “corporate standard” Windows 7 systems. On some systems, installation of NASA SeaDAS 7 (based on BEAM, the precursor to SNAP) is blocked for ordinary users, so must be done using admin privileges. On the systems where the installation was done with admin privs, many functions fail when run as a regular user.

Thank you for the response.

This was SNAP 5.0 and It was run as an Admin so that would make sense. Users are not allowed to install software without admin rights. I can see it trying to load in the task manager and then just it stops. I then have to kill the process.

Thank you for the link, that had some good information.