TanDEM-X bistatic CoSSCs error in SNAP

Dear all,

I am working with multifrequency datasets in my project (ALOS 2, TanDEM-X and Sentinel 1). I processed the image TanDEM-X from 2012 (first figure bellow) of my study are in SNAP and I did also the Unwrapping process (Snaphu). Everything worked well. The problem is the SNAP is not reading my images from 24/12/2015 and 23/01/2016 (second figure bellow). Someone have an idea why? And how could I solve it? It is giving the error at second figure bellow.
I really appreciate if someone of you could help me.

TanDEM-X products have multiple xml files, one at the main folder and one for each scene in the subfolder. Try opening these instead.

Hi ABraun

It worked now! Many thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

For CoSSC, it should be able to open the TDM …xml in the root folder which will include the two sub products into one.
Sometimes if the path is too long it could have trouble opening the product in windows.

Hi lveci,

I think this was one of the problems, the long path.
I did a test right now reducing the path and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I got a similar error as well. I am working with TanDEM-X data from 2011 to 2015 (CoSSC-data). Snap won’t read data of the year 2015 (09/08/2015). The other years worked very well. I got the error message as shown in the figure below. Any ideas on the problem I have?
I hope for answers.

Cheers Bjoern

Hi,

Try to unzip again the original file and test. Also check if the folders TDX and TSX inside of the main folder have the .xml files. In one of my images, the .xml files was with problems so I unziped again and it worked well.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply. I tried to follow your suggestions but the error still remains. As your error is slightly different to the one I got, I opened a new thread for finding a solution regarding the
java.lang.NullPointerException error.
You can follow the discussion here:

http://forum.step.esa.int/t/tandem-x-cossc-error-caused-by-data-format/5552

Cheers

Would you guideline the steps TanDEM-X data to sigma0?

Radar > Radiometric > Calibration

Read > Calibration > Terrain-Correction >write
I got error said
“Error: [Nodeld Calibration] Cannot apply calibration to coregistered product”

that is true, calibration comes before coregistration. You can open both images separately, calibrate them and then create a stack of both calibrated images.

What you mean “both images separately”?

TanDEM-X consists of two images. Each of them is a TerraSAR-X image which can opened individually in SNAP.

I separated and still got error

don’t create a subset. Import both files individually by File > Import > SAR sensors > TerraSAR-X and select the XML files within the two data folders, not the XML in the top folder.

Thanks, it worked now, but too noise!!! I applied the Thermal Noise Removed but can not apply for TanDEM-X. Any suggestion?

please show screenshot what you mean by noise.

What are you trying to do with the data?

Please see screenshot

This isn’t thermal noise and probably related to speckle and surface characteristics.
Does the image look better before calibration?