Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

Thank you Luis! It will be great if you could provide me with an early release. I will be very glad to be helpful in testing the software.
Katherine

2 Likes

That’s great news. Can I apply for early release too?
Jaroslav

Dear Luis,
I apologies again for disturbing you - I do understand how many different things you have to do at the same time! About a fortnight ago you kindly suggested to provide me with an early release of workflow from SNAP to STAMPS for testing. I just want to have some info for making plans. When it will be possible?
Thank you for all your help
With best wishes, Katherine

Hello,lveci ,can i supply an early release of the software too,i want to test too.thank you very much! my email is 875340007@qq.com

Hello Luis,

Thank you very much for your effort. Could you please send me a pre-release version of the toolbox? I would like to test that function, too.

Thank you!

+1

… (20 character limit) :wink:

1 Like

The StaMPS export in SNAP 5.0 works fine to me.
It creates three folders:

1. the interferograms
  2. the DEM
  3. the coregistered stack

If I understood it right, this skips the chapters 3-5 in the StaMPS manual and now we can directly proceed with Matlab.
http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earahoo/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.1.pdf

I installed matlab and wanted to apply the scripts provided within STAMPS to the generated output:

There is a great tutorial by Dr. Mahdi Motagh from the SAR summer school 2016:
http://sar-edu.uni-jena.de/wp/downloads-2/ (download ‘Time Series’) and open "SAR-EDU_stamps_Motagh.pdf)

But I must do something wrong. Is anyone experienced with the selection and analysis of persistent scatterers and how to apply it to the data exported by SNAP?

1 Like

Currently SNAP only produces the inputs required by StaMPS. You need a stack with at least 4 interferograms. Running stamps automatically doesn’t seem to be enough to get a good result for any scene. People familiar with StaMPS have said it needs adjustments at the various steps. I’m not knowledgeable on PSI to recommend how to use StaMPS. Next we need to figure out how to make use of the data produced by StaMPS back in SNAP.

2 Likes

thanks for the answer.
I have a stack with 8 SLCs (7 interferograms). I could imagine that there are some variables with need to be adjusted within the StaMPS workflow (I had a look at the MATLAB scripts), but I already struggle adressing the exported data.
Maybe someone has already worked with StaMPS and can test how to use the SNAP exports.

8 images is a very small stack for PS identification, usually 20+ scenes are used/recommended. Perhaps the people on StaMPS-forum could help:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mainsar

1 Like

thanks, mengdahl, I’m fully aware of that. The thing is that I wanted to test the technical application before I create a monster stack :slight_smile:

But the forum is a great hint, I didn’t know it yet!

1 Like

Hello ABraun,
I tried to export to StaMPS the stack of four S-1 images with corresponding interferograms. But got an error. Could you, please, share your experience with export. What do I do wrong? Below are my graphs. I have used for some time StaMPS so probably when I overcome export from Snap to StaMPS it may go smoother.

1 Like

For S1, you need to apply orbit and TOPS split.
Then you can add all products to the backgeocoding.
Create a stack of interferograms on the resulting stack.
Deburst both the backgeocoded stack and the interferogram stack.
Add an elevation band to the interferogram stack.

Add debursted stack and debursted interferogram stack to the stamps export.

I could update the stamps export to allow multiple individual interferograms. This would allow you to choose slave-slave pairs.

6 Likes

Hi Luis,
It seems I have done everything you said. Could you, please, have a look at my graphs. Thank you very much for your time.
Katherine

I used Envisat data so no debursting ect was needed, sorry.
I created:

1. One stack containing 8 SLCs
  2. One interferogram product as produced by the interferogram module containing one interferogram per slave image
  3. An elevation band added to the interferogram stack by right-click > add elevation raster.
1 Like

Dear ABraun,
Thank you very much for your answer. My main target is to work with S-1 images. Mostlikely it is no need to use SNAP export to StaMPS with Envisat images as Stamps is adjusted for Doris. So Doris in this case is much better.
Thank you again for your wish to help.
Katherine

Dear Luis (or probably somebody from the community who already tried this function),
Thank you for your explanations - I managed to move a little bit forward. I tried to export to Stamps all interferograms (Orb_Stack_Ifg_Deb and resampled images (Orb_Stack_Deb) from my stack at once - that was my mistake. When I tried to export only two Products at the same time (resampled image 0604_Orb_Stack_Deb and the ifg of this image with the master 1107_0604_Orb_Stack_Ifg_Deb) I got the new error

But I do not see such a band in this Product. Could you, please, give me an advice how to overcome this.
Thank you very much for all your help
Katherine

could you please also show us the ProductSet Reader Tab?

Here it is. Thank you very much for your time!
Katherine

looks the same as in my case.

Can you please also show a screenshot of all the bands in the two products?