Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

@ABraun, the solution is quite simple. Try to run mt_prep_gamma inside your “export” folder, like this:
mt_prep_gamma 20150806 /data2/…/Export_to_stamps/ 0.4 2 2 50 200

where:
mt_prep_gamma [your master] [full path to your working directory] [Amplitude disp.] [Number of patches in range] [Number of patches in azimuth] [overlapping pixels between patches in range] [overlapping pixels between patches in azimuth]

It worked for me, at least I didn’t get the error message concerning opening the pscands.1.ij file.
Unfortunately, I now got the same issue as @katherine before, namely that the pscands.1.ij file is empty…

6 Likes

you are right, thanks for clarification. It works for me now, too.
At least the error about opening pscands.1.ij is gone. But I can’t tell if the output makes sense, yet.

After SNAP export to STAMP, STAMP protsessing are possible Windows matlab?

you first need to run mt_prep_gamma

http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earahoo/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.3b1.pdf (beginning in chapter )

Please see also here:

The rest can be done in matlab.

2 Likes

I agree with you but some of us aren’t used to the matlab syntax. It is then hard to search for errrors and debug the scripts.

Hello everyone
I meet a problem when i run snap v5.03. To 22 SLC about sentinel-1A,i apply orbit files 、 split and back-geocoding, but when debursting, it processes only about 20% with 27 hours. My computer is 16RAM, I7CORES… I want to know whether you meet the problem . how can it process fast ? tell me , i will appreciate you.

Hi, Light,
I separated the set of images into two stacks with the same master , processed them separately and combined the results after export to StaMPS.
Katherine

hi, katherine, thank you, but i don’t know the StaMPS well. Can you tell me the details how to combine the results after export to StaMPS? Whether can i separate images into more stacks with same master?

Hi Light,
I combined the results of processing of two stacks before launching StaMPS after the SNAP’s procedure "StaMPS export’. I have explained my processing chain in the post How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP 5 .
Good luck,
Katherine

1 Like

Thank you very much, katherine

Light

Dear @ABraun
The link to the tutorial of Dr Mahdi Motagh seems to be broken, It will be so nice of you if you could please send me a copy of this tutorial Email waqas782[at]gmail.com

Many thanks
Waqas

Dear all,

I have an error i can not run ps_plot, i have finished step stamps(5,5) and i run it in the INSAR_masterdate folder but it doesn’t work, any help please?

_Error: File: /usr/local/StaMPS_v3.3b1/matlab/parseplotprm.m Line: 98
A BREAK may only be used within a FOR or WHILE loop, and then only within the same file as its corresponding FOR or WHILE statement.
Error in ps_plot (line 128)
parseplotprm % check if ‘ts’, ‘a_m’, ‘a_l’, ‘a_p’, ‘ifg i^th’, 'ext PATH ’ is specified

Can you please upload the tutorial of ps processing by Dr. Mahdi Motagh, if you still have a copy

As these materials are not my personal property I would preferably refrain from doing so, sorry.

Hi waqas782
If you get a copy about “SAR-EDU_stamps_Motagh.pdf”, please send me one Email winyydgn@gmail.com
Thank you!
Light

I have done the steps from 1 to 5 and And I changed it parameters :

>>setparm(‘plot_scatterer_size’,30)
>>setparm(‘dens’,1)
>>setparm(‘unwrap_gold_n_win’,16)

But I still have the same error i can not run ps_plot(‘w’)

_rror: File: /usr/local/StaMPSv3.3b1/matlab/parseplotprm.m Line: 98
A BREAK may only be used within a FOR or WHILE loop, and then only within the same file as its corresponding FOR or WHILE statement.
Error in ps_plot (line 128) parseplotprm % ch_eck if ‘ts’, ‘a_m’, ‘a_l’, ‘a_p’, ‘ifg i^th’, 'ext PATH ’ is specified

Please help me to deal with this problem. Thank you very very much!

Hi radewane,
I got the same problem. open the script (in this case parseplotprm, I suppose) in matlab and go to line 98, as the error message says. there you should see the word “break”. delete it ,save and run it again. should work

cecilia

2 Likes

Hi Dear Cecilia

Thank you very very much, Yes it works

All the best

Radouane

Hi,
I work on S1A IW and i followed the instructions from 1 to 4.
In fact, i have dowloaded 13 SLC images from sentinel 1 of the same area.
Then i split them individually TOPS split
Then i apply orbit file to the batch ( 1 to 13)
then i make a stack by back geocoding
then i try to choose master image by (Master can be chosen by Radar-Interferometric-Insar Stack Overview.) and it doesn’t work ???
so i skipt this step and deburst the stack and i get this message

So i try to apply interferogram formation but i got this message

Please help me
i 'll wait for your help

Hello soukanamez,
I think you have to choose master with Stack ovewiew before making the stack with Backgeocoding.
Katherine