Accuracy of preview file boundary

Hi

I recognise that preview kml file, that are in preview catalog of image, could be not accurate. deviation with Google earth could be tens of km. My question is Is it somehow improve boundary file positional geocoding without using raster workflow. For example use presise orbits algorithm only corners of boundary coordinates and then geocode results again.
If I’am abel to program missing part myself then there I could find functions taht Snap use of those procedures? If its not a secret.

To which KML files do you refer? In which catalogue are they shown? Do you mean the Copernicus SciHub? As far as I know, they don’t provide a KML file. And about which sensor do you talk about?
We need more information to be able to help you.

preview.zip (95.1 KB)
I was talking Sentinel 1 slc files that I am able to download as zip files. scientific hub is one option. One catalog in zip file is preview. I attached one exaple without png (it is to big for upload).

Maybe the coordinates which are located in the manifest.safe file fit more your expectations. Somewhere in this file are the four corner coordinates stored.
You can also have a look at the folder annotation, there are coordinates stored for certain pixels. Open the xml file and scroll down till geolocationGrid.