Add operation exceeds maximum number of bins

Hi all:
During a gpt binning operation, I get the following error:
Error: NodeID ndviBinCurrent
Number of add operation exceeds maximum number of bins

I’m trying to bin 477 OLCI files in which I have calculated ndvi as an int8. Any clues on how to fix this error?

Thanks!

Would you please to share the graph! to ease understand the error,

bin6.xml (6.4 KB) finish3 (1.3 KB)
bin6.xml called from finish3 produces this error:
Caused by: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Number of add operation exceeds maximum number of bins
at org.esa.snap.binning.operator.BinningOp.initialize(BinningOp.java:468)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initializeOperator(OperatorContext.java:486)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getTargetProduct(OperatorContext.java:273)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getTargetProduct(Operator.java:387)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.NodeContext.initTargetProduct(NodeContext.java:77)
… 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Number of add operation exceeds maximum number of bins
at org.esa.snap.binning.operator.TemporalBinList.add(TemporalBinList.java:79)
at org.esa.snap.binning.operator.BinningOp.doTemporalBinning(BinningOp.java:781)
at org.esa.snap.binning.operator.BinningOp.initialize(BinningOp.java:450)
… 35 more

Error: [NodeId: ndviBinCurrent] Number of add operation exceeds maximum number of bins

Any clues or tips to improve this graph from you experts would be greatly appreciated!

Tnbugman

Is it possible that this error arises from having the count in one or more bins exceeding the type for the Binned map, which I assume is int8 here? So that would only be 128, and I am Binning more maps than that. Is there a way that I can change the type of the Binned map to nint8 or larger type? Thanks!

I could see here two problems, the first one, seemingly the write operator has been deleted more than one times, I think the graph should be created from the beginning and adding up the operator sequentially.

The second problem is the Reprojection, this operator couldn’t save the selection of the project, thus, I think delete it from the graph and test the graph again.

I think nothing is wrong with bash file,

Not sure that I understand your two points here, especially since thisfinish4 (1.4 KB) littlebin2.xml (955 Bytes) error occurs earlier, in the Current Binning node.

The attached, abbreviated graph and bash script gives the same identical error.

What type are the files produced by the Binning op? Is there a way to change the type of the output from binning?

Thanks for your continued help …

Did you try up to apply your graph for only one product?

How do you call the gpt?

I included the calling shell script in the last reply. Earlier you said the calling script looked okay.

Please take a look again to my previous post, I mentioned that the bash file is looks fine, I didn’t run it but in general.