Aerosol Optical Thickness tie points in SYN product

Hi

I am trying to understand the tie points that are being used by Synergy AOT (T550) data? As per my understanding the SYN products come with tiepoints_olci.nc, tiepoints_slstr_n.nc and tiepoints_slstr_o.nc as tie points. But which one of these is the AOT (SYN_AOT550) using?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amit

I’m not sure if the following answers your question.

The tie-points are not used to define the geolocation of the product.
Instead the the data (lat/lon) from geolocation.nc is used.

The tie-points and the geolocation are actually not related to the AOT data.
If you want to know more about how the AOT is computed you can have a look at the ATBD.

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I was actually trying to understand the location aspect of the AOT data. The AOT data must be over some location/region, right? If so, how is the location of the data determined? I guess this is where geolocation.nc comes in.

Also, how do I export any data from s3tbx as georeferenced data? From what I understand, right-click on an image and Export View as Image in GeoTIFF format should export the data as georeferenced tiff. Or am I mistaken?

Thank you once again for the response.

Regards
Amit

From what you are saying I think that you are opening NetCDF files individually, right?
Better open the xfdumanifest.xml file n SNAP or drag the SAFE folder on the Product Explorer.
Then you can work with the whole data in SNAP and it is geo-located.
Then the export should work, too.

Hi Marco

I am actually opening the xfdumanifest.xml file (the product). I want to export LST Level 2 product as a georeferenced GeoTIFF.
So I double-click on LST band to create an image view, and then do a ‘Export View as Image’ with Full Resolution and Full Scene options.

Doesnt seem to be working in my version of snap (7.0).

Thanks
Amit

Try to export image as GeoTiff: File/Export/GeoTIFF. If you only want to export a few band, use the subset option first.

Hi abruescas,

Still didnt work…

Thanks for the response though.