Build error

I want to build SNAP from source and have installed Java JDK and Maven under this configuration

Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: D:\Andy\apache-maven-3.6.3\bin…
Java version: 1.8.0_281, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_281
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: “windows 10”, version: “10.0”, arch: “amd64”, family: “windows”

There are several test errors, but these are still cryptic to me so I don’t know where to start searching. Could someone please have a look?
tests.txt (13.8 KB)
surefire-reports.zip (33.9 KB)

Hi Andreas,

For this specific test the JDK is required (generally recommended). You are using the JRE.
A list of JDKs is provided on this page: JDK Distributions - SDKMAN! the Software Development Kit Manager
I made good experience with Liberica and AdoptOpenJDK.
After installation you might need to change the JAVA_HOME environment variable. The In the installer of AdoptOpenJDK this can be enable to be done automatically.
IF you have already a JDK you only need to change the JAVA_HOME. Hoe to do this is well explained in the Maven installation instructions under Windows Tipps

1 Like

thank you Marco. Actually, I had installed JDK and have set JAVA_HOME to the JDK directory already. But you were right, the test pointed to JRE initially.

After re-checking some path variables mvn --version gives me this:

Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: D:\Andy\apache-maven-3.6.3
Java version: 1.8.0_281, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_281\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: “windows 10”, version: “10.0”, arch: “amd64”, family: “windows”

grafik

According to this topic, that’s fine (despite the \jre at the end).

Now only one test failed for Ceres Metadata handling Library 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Is this essential or can I continue with building snap-desktop?

tests2.txt (6.1 KB)

I proceeded and was able to build

• snap-engine
  • snap-desktop
  • s1tbx

Thank you for your help!

grafik

Do I need to compile more to get the radar tools? Currently, they are not visible in the GUI. I think I have seen something similar in here once but can’t remember where.

Yes, now the JAVA settings look good.
Strange that the XPathHandlerTest failed. I don’t have an explanation.
It is working locally and on the server.

Okay, if you now have built engine, desktop and s1tbx (incl. RSTB) then you are good to go.
If they are not yet visible in the GUI you might have a mistake in run configuration. Maybe the cluster or the patches are not properly set.
You can check the log. There you might find a hint what is wrong.

1 Like