Can C2RCC be used to process early Landsat TM/ETM+ data to retrieve TSM and chlorophyll concentration?

I have noticed that C2RCC is efficient in retrieving total suspended matter (TSM) and chlorophyll-a concentrations in costal and inland Case 2 water bodies. The implementation C2RCC in SNAP 6.0 is capable of processing Sentinel-2 MSI, Sentinel OLCI, MERIS,MODIS, and Landsat 8 OLI data. I have a special interest in retrieving TSM and chl-a information from early Landsat TM/EM+ data (about the 80s of last century), I want to get to know whether the C2RCC in SNAP can be adapted to process this type of data, I suppose there might be feasibility, is not, I hope SNAP future version can enhance this requirement. Thanks.

No this is currently not possible. There is development ongoing to extend C2RCC for Landsat7. Currently, there are no plans to extend it further for Landsat 4 or 5. However, we keep in mind that there is a user requirement for this.

Thanks to your reply. I hope this requirement will come true in your future version of C2RCC,. In my opinion the long-span, Landsat 5 TM data have special importance to global environmental monitoring and ecosystem appraisal, C2RCC may play an important role in mining the big data value of the early aquired remote sensing data.

Hi Marpet,
I am using SNAP 6.0. Can I use C2rcc for MODIS data? Actually, I was trying to do, but I am getting some problem during the process

problem

For MODIS you need L1C data which you can generate with SeaDAS.
This will be explained in the documentation of the next release. Currently, it is not included, unfortunately.
I attach a part of the documentation as PDF which explains how you can do it.
MODIS_L1C.pdf (306.0 KB)

I am facing the same problem when tries to apply over OLCI level 1 data

it is solved , i forgot to select image while applying C2RCC