Combine two S-1 SLC IW products without geometric?

My research area is covering in two S-1 SLC products.

I wanna combine two S-1 SLC IW products without geometric method because I hope they can keep “sar” products. If they become geometric images(ex: sat-mosaic) that I can’t continue to analyze(ex: interferometric, unwrap…)

I hope to combine this two S-1 SLC IW products into one product. I split IW3 two bursts(up) and another IW3 two bursts(down). Take a look at the picture below.

Please experts on this platform give me some advises or answers to solve the question!!!
THANK A LOT!!!

you mean you want to keep your data in radar geometry (slant range) instead of converting it to ground range geometry?

You can try the Sentinel-1 Slice Assembly Tool

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!
I try this method right now!!

Thank you for helping me!! This method is useful~~

Dear ABraun ,
I wanna combine IW1 and IW2 interferograms. But using Sentinel-1 Slice Assembly tool I’m not getting. Please tell me the steps.

Thanks.

Hello. The region I’m trying to generate the displacement image is between two IW. So, now I want to do something like merge or anything else to process.
I tried S-1 TOPS Merge after S-1 TOPS split and then S-1 TOPS deburst.
But I won’t be able to do the back-geocoding and the rest.
What should I do?

Follow the tutorial(s) that teach you to generate S-1 interferograms. You will only see the displacement well if the ground-movement is substantial compared with the atmospheric artefacts, which are always present.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, but I know how to generate interferograms and displacements.
This picture shows that the actual ground displacement is between two IWs (Left Down).

I don’t think that is displacement but simply atmosphere that has been highlighted by the weird colourmap. There’s a huge perceptual difference in a tiny change from about 0.041 to 0.044. You should switch to a colourmap with uniform or linearly changing brightness, for example from the cubehelix family of colourmaps.