Error when forming interferogram

During the formation of the interferogram I have an error exception due to Java Heap space. From a search on the forum this exception is due to insufficient RAM memory. During the processing process I noticed that the RAM usage was at maximum (100%) and the CPU was only working at max 5%.

Regards
My system:
Intel (R) Core ™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz processor
RAM installed 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Pro Edition
Version 21H2
Installation date: 18/06/2020
OS Build 19044.1415
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 experience

1 Like

If you have 32 GB RAM please test a maximum value of 20G, for example. It was reported that the peak of performance ranges between 50% and 80% of the total available RAM.

As you can see I have set 24Gbyte of RAM (75% of 32Gbyte). Even after the error the _Orb_Stack_ifg file is generated anyway. At this point, I don’t know if the resulting file was processed correctly. I open it manually in Product Explorer without any problems and try to move on.

You should check in Task Manager to see if there are non-essential processes tying up a large fraction of your memory. There may be some useful information in Reliability Monitor. Try running the same job on a freshly booted system without starting any other applications.

It looks alright from a technical perspective, although the interferogram looks quite bad because of phase decorrelation. Please carefully continue the processing and visually check each output.

Hello everyone,

Maybe I found the solution to the error generation: In the first attempt the source file [3] and the destination file [4] were in the same disk and same folder. In the second attempt the _Orb_Stack [4] destination file was on another hard disk (SSD). I have not had any exception errors.
For convenience, I later moved everything to the original disk / working folder.

Greetings and Happy New Year!!!

1 Like