Export to Geotiff

Hi guys,
I’m trying to convert Sentinel 2 image into Geotiff format but I’m having some problems.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: File size too big. TIFF file size is limited to [4294967296] bytes!
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.internal.TiffIFD.calculateStripOffsets(TiffIFD.java:410)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.internal.TiffIFD.initEntrys(TiffIFD.java:167)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.internal.TiffIFD.(TiffIFD.java:60)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.internal.TiffHeader.(TiffHeader.java:48)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.GeoTiffProductWriter.writeGeoTIFFProduct(GeoTiffProductWriter.java:91)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.geotiff.GeoTiffProductWriter.writeProductNodesImpl(GeoTiffProductWriter.java:81)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductWriter.writeProductNodes(AbstractProductWriter.java:109)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.writeProduct(ProductIO.java:393)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.WriteProductOperation.writeProduct(WriteProductOperation.java:148)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.WriteProductOperation.run(WriteProductOperation.java:115)
at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.RunOffEDTImpl$3.run(RunOffEDTImpl.java:275)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Please, any ideas to solve it?

Did you export it as “GeoTIFF” or “GeoTIFF/BigTIFF”? If you used “GeoTIFF”, then try the other one.

1 Like

@abgbaumann thanks for your answer. Yes, I used yet GeoTiff/BigTiff and it works but the data is really too big and it is really difficult to manage it (there are problems also for the visualization with common softwares). Then I prefer to have georeferenced tiff of singular granules because I want to use mask and vector in them available.