First SAOCOM image published

Could be that it will be next month (early). We are working hard to get this version out. It is feature complete, but has some issues we need to get rid off.

4 Likes

Hi @marpet, thaks you for keeping us informed!

Just two simple questions:

• Will SNAP 8 be able to read SAOCOM data?
  • Do you know when we it will be released?

Thanks!

Hi, Do you know when the new version of SNAP will be available?
thank you very much

If you are interested in reading SAOCOM the it should be already possible with the latest updates in SNAP7.
SNAP 8 will be released soon. But can’t tell a specific date right now.

Including Saocom SLC data?

I tried to read the 41365-EOL1ASARSAO1A387069 test image given by the CONAE, without success (SNAP 7.0.4 here)

I don’t know. Maybe not. @lveci can probably answer.
Or do you know it too, @ABraun?

I’m currently downloading the SLC data :+1:

1 Like

Nice! Keep us informed ! In complement, this is where I have issue:

1. The SAR sensors import does not include the SAOCOM satellite.

2. Dragging the .xemt file in the SNAP product explorer results in a good comprehension of the SAOCOM sensor bands, but each band is empty

1. When I manually drag a specific band, I have the error java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unsupported sample format for 64 bits data.

I have tested it and can confirm that the product can be loaded into SNAP, but the rasters values are not displayed

@lveci @jun_lu could you please have a look?

1 Like

The TOPSAR SLC product is currently not supported and will be supported in future. The issue has been tracked in https://senbox.atlassian.net/browse/SITBX-796

1 Like

I’d like to push for the support of SAOCOM in SNAP.

SNAP is a great tool and adding readers only increases its usefulness.

Can we have a feedback from @mengdahl here?

1 Like

Yes I agree SAOCOM will be supported. In general I would be delighted if more satellite operators would pay for the development of SNAP-readers as there are many new satellites in the pipeline. The cost of supporting “everybody” is not negligible.

4 Likes

Hi there, any news about the SAOCOM reader update ?
Best

@AriJeannin I can tell that I am able to open SAOCOM data using SNAP.

Cheers,

Quentin Glaude

TOPS-modes are not supported, as far as I know the rest should work. @mfitrzyk

1 Like

Hello,

I tried opening a SAOCOM-L1A data (complex), but SNAP doesn’t seem to handle it.
Same with L1C and L1D, I can only open the bands as any raster, but I cannot perform a terrain-correction on L1C data (wich is only ellispoid projected).

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

PS: if anyone has a link to L1B data, I would greatly appreciate it as they do not offer a free L1B sample on their website

Perhaps a stupid question but did you try to import it as a SAOCOM-product under SAR Sensors?

Ok my bad, it is the .xemt file that is ingested by SNAP.
I was trying to feed him other metadata…

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This means that a zipped SAOCOM product (the folder containing the real data, i.e. the Config, Data, Images and Quality folders) isn’t recognized by SNAP on its own, isn’t that a bit strange ?

Hello everyone, does anyone use SAOCOM images in the SNAP-StaMPS workflow for a PS-InSAR application?