Trying a gpt command that works nicely with Radarsat, for Sentinel-1 I get this error (Ubuntu). For one scene the output result is processed anyway despite this messag
SEVERE: org.esa.snap.framework.dataio.ProductIO: Error attempting to read /home/max/Documents/SARtest/S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20150514T070347_20150514T070447_005914_0079EB_D5B3.SAFE/manifest.SAFE with plugin reader org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.spot.SpotViewProductReaderPlugin@a567e72: null
however, for another one I get this error and S1TBX does not process my scene:
SEVERE: org.esa.snap.framework.dataio.ProductIO: Error attempting to read /home/max/Documents/SARtest/S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20150514T070347_20150514T070447_005914_0079EB_D5B3.safe/manifest.safe with plugin reader org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.rapideye.RapidEyeL3ReaderPlugin@710d7aff: null
Error: No product reader found for file /home/max/Documents/SARtest/S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20150514T070347_20150514T070447_005914_0079EB_D5B3.safe/manifest.safe
gpt /home/max/Calib_Spk_reproj_LinDB_Barents.xml -Pfile="/home/max/S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20150514T070347_20150514T070447.SAFE/manifest.SAFE" -t "/home/max/testS1.dim"
using this xml file https://github.com/npolar/RemoteSensing/blob/master/Nest/Calib_Spk_reproj_LinDB_Barents.xml
Just found out myself:
The issue was the use of capital letters for the *.safe file and another difference between NEST and S1TBX.
In NEST I had used this without problems, in SNAP this gives an error message.
However, S1TBX (or is it me running on Linux Ubuntu now?) seems to be case sensitive. The folder name is *.SAFE and not *.safe.
Using this works:
I did not have the time to reproduce it systematically, but it seems using manifest.SAFE instead of manifest.safe gives an error but a result, while using foldername.safe instead of foldername.SAFE makes gpt fail completely.
I am having a similar error with my Terrain Correction graph:
SEVERE: org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO: Error attempting to read S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV_20191002T141015_20191002T141040_029281_0353C6_2FCF.zip with plugin reader org.esa.s1tbx.io.risat1.Risat1ProductReaderPlugIn@5232e3f1: null
What we all missed is that the WRONG product readers are selected for our data:
Max’s example shows: spot.SpotViewProductReaderPlugin, and rapideye.RapidEyeL3ReaderPlugin
Mine above shows: risat1.Risat1ProductReaderPlugIn
Obviously the product reader should be Sentinel-1.
My graph completes with the correct result, so my error is not fatal, and GPT Read must eventually figure out the correct reader.
I suggest that a possible work around that I am testing now is to specify the “formatName” as SENTINEL-1 in the graph to force Read to use the correct product reader.