IllegalStateException in SNAP 2.0 (Windows 7, 64 Bit)

Hello,

I ma trying to open ESA L1C products using SNAP 2.0. As in the past, I select the product XML from within SNAP, and it asks me if which Readfer I want. All fine…

However, after it has gone through the Reading Product spalsh screen, and come up with the filename in the Product Explorer, I see nothing. Zip. Nada. Nothing except for the :no_entry: symbol in the bottom right corner, which takes me to this message:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempting to create two Children objects for a single ChildFactory org.esa.snap.rcp.nodes.PNGGroup$ME@2a3198b9. Use FilterNode.Children over the existing Children object instead

• at org.openide.nodes.ChildFactory.setObserver(ChildFactory.java:207)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.Children.create(Children.java:318)*
  • at org.esa.snap.rcp.nodes.PNNodeBase.(PNNodeBase.java:31)*
  • at org.esa.snap.rcp.nodes.PNGroupNode.(PNGroupNode.java:21)*
  • at org.esa.snap.rcp.nodes.PNode$PContent.createNodeForKey(PNode.java:323)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.ChildFactory.createNodesForKey(ChildFactory.java:120)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.SynchChildren.createNodes(SynchChildren.java:80)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.Children$Keys$KE.nodes(Children.java:1662)*
    [catch] at org.openide.nodes.ChildrenArray.nodesFor(ChildrenArray.java:149)
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault$Info.nodes(EntrySupportDefault.java:805)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault.justComputeNodes(EntrySupportDefault.java:195)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.ChildrenArray.nodes(ChildrenArray.java:88)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault.getNodes(EntrySupportDefault.java:130)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault.getNodes(EntrySupportDefault.java:172)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.Children.getNodes(Children.java:469)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.Children.findChild(Children.java:414)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault.getNodes(EntrySupportDefault.java:166)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.EntrySupportDefault.getNodesCount(EntrySupportDefault.java:176)*
  • at org.openide.nodes.Children.getNodesCount(Children.java:520)*
  • at org.openide.explorer.view.TreeView$6.run(TreeView.java:988)*
  • at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)*
  • at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)*

Any clues?

Cheers

Jan

S2 MPC Operations Manager

Which product are you trying to open ?
Does it have anything specific ?
Does it happen with all the S2 products you try to open ? with all processing levels (L1C/L1B) ?

Thanks for providing the details !

Hi jmalik,

I haven’t tried L1B; I’m interested in the L1C.
The product doesn’t have a specificity, other than being entirely over land, and acquired today. The product is only two tiles extracted from Datatake S2A_20151127T005202_002244_N02.00.

I have no trouble in opening it on my Linux Ubuntu version of SNAP (which is the updated 2.0-beta-08: I have yet to get my SysAdmin to install the latest v2.0 release).

Cheers

Jan

Does this mean the error you reported is on a different machine ? possibly Windows ?

Yes. That’s why I specified it in the Ticket header.
I would post a screenshot, but I don’t see the functionality for it here.
Cheers

Jan

I did some more tests under Windows 7 64bits with the product S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_20151127T103614_R103_V20151127T021716_20151127T021716.SAFE and others and didn’t reproduce the problem. There might be some remains of a beta version on your system that conflicts with SNAP V2. Did you uninstall SNAP before installing the V2.0? If not, could you try to fully uninstall and re-install SNAP?

Hi Nicolas,
Yes, I had completed the complete uninstall of the previous version before installing the v2.0.
My initial thought is that is Java-related, hence my original comments. But I don’t understand the Java messages I put in the original comment.

Cheers

Jan