Java Error when opening new Snap

Hi,

I have an error when opening snap new version uinder linux (ubuntu 16).

Seems to be a Java environment error but it’s said “the crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code”.

My ulimit is well fixed at “unlimited” but the error “core dumped” appear when snap is launched.

I attached the log error.

Thanks in advance for the help^.

Sadri

hs_err_pid13744.log (143.4 KB)

1 Like

Okay nevermind…I moved the module “worldwind.jar” to a backup place and disable the module at Snap launch and it worked (found on a dev forum after googling it).

Can someone explain the link between this module and the “core dumped”. Is that linked with graphic card driver somehow ?

For the detail, I’m not on a VM but on a computer with linux OS.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 Like

Hi,

yes, the problem is linked to the driver. Sometimes the 3D capabilities of the World Wind cause problems if the driver is not up-to-date. I think, sometimes even the latest driver doesn’t help.
It is some hardware/driver issue which occurs on Unix systems primarily.
Unfortunately it is not in our hands.

1 Like

Okay thanks for the details :slight_smile:

In fact my graphic drivers are up to date but the important thing is that we can overcome it ! :slight_smile:

Thanks again !

I also dealt with this error related to Java on a remote server which runs Ubuntu Mate 16.x. As @Sadri mentioned in the above comment by moving/renaming the worldwind.jar file which is located in snap/modules/ext/org.esa.snap.snap-worldwind/gov-nasa SNAP installation directory fixed the issue.