Loading Sentinel-1 GRD with 4 GB of RAM

Hi, Snap software shows me such an error. I installed Java and increased its space and also increased the computer space. But I made the same mistake again.
please guide me
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Caused: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602) [catch] at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction$1.done(OpenImageViewAction.java:228) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832) at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842) at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313) at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728) at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

How much RAM do you have and what were the settings you adjusted?
Also, which at which task does this error happen?
Where is your data located?

Thank you for your response
RAM is 4 GB.
Through my computer, the section on performance settings, settings, advanced, change.
Data are for Sarpol-e-Zahab region in Kermanshah province in Iran.
The error occurs when I open the images and, for example, want to display the amplitude_VH.

4 GB is probably too low.

Please try to extract the zip file before opening and load the data as a subset (if applicable) as shown here: Import of data into SNAP

Thank you for your guidance.
I did what you said, but I got it wrong again.
I had another question: what should be the right size for the image?

The size of the zipped product is around 900.
Loaded into SNAP (extracted) is then about twice the size

grafik

But you can considerably lower it by defining a spatial subset before import
grafik

thank you very much

please let us know if you managed to load S1 GRD data with 4 GB RAM.

Setting FileCache on in the S1TBX options will reduce memory footprint - it should at least help if not solve the issue.

Hi
Thank you very much for your tips. Yes, I managed to open the image with 4 GB of RAM.

1. In the first stage, as our friend said: Setting FileCache on in the S1TBX options will reduce memory footprint.
    2.I did it the way you sent it (file you sent it).
    In general, the method is this: first I cut the FileCache in S1TBX and then the file by importing the subset to reduce its size, and then I opened and saved it.
    It only takes a little while.
1 Like

Thank you.

thank you for reporting, I marked your post as the solution and changed the title so others who are in a similar situation can learn from it.

Thanks, okay no problem, I hope it helps.