No valid tiles associated to product [MTD_MSIL2A.xml]

I am trying to open a Level2 product of S2 with SNAP after downloading it from scihub, but I got this error, I also tried to download it again to see if there was some error in the downloading, but I obtained the same error.
Is that because my SNAP is 5.0 and I should use instead the latest release? @Jan @obarrilero @marpet
Thanks!!!

Ps. the product is from April 18

Hi @antonio19812,

yes, you have to update your SNAP installation. The L2A product format has changed and it is supported since SNAP v6.0.1

1 Like

oh ok!! and what about the new release of sen2cor? does it provide the L2A products with the old format in the TOOLBOX option and the new one with the PDGS option? or the output format is only the new one? For me that is quite an important detail @obarrilero :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @antonio19812,

if you use the sen2cor plugin for executing sen2cor, then the mode PDGS is selected by default (it is possible to select the mode TOOLBOX if you define directly the GIPP xml file (this parameter exists since plugin version 6.0.2))

Although the PDGS mode is selected, if the product version < 14.3 then, the operation mode is changed to the TOOLBOX mode automatically.

2 Likes

Good morning, really thanks for the hint. I managed to solve the problem with two steps, to run the sen2cor 2.5 standalone:

1. modifying the GIPP file with the TOOLBOX option
  2. running the sen2cor standalone according to the @Fabrizio_Ramoino indication

By doing this I have obtained a 10m Level2 product that can be read properly even with SNAP 5.0

Dear @obarrilero I haven’t installed the new sen2cor plugin because I still have the SNAP 5.0 ( because of the prioject I am working in) but I will surely do it once I’ll move to the new version.
Thanks again!!

2 Likes

Hey I’m actually having the same Issue, but I have updated my SEN2COR Processor to version 6.0.2 and I am using the latest release of SNAP (version 6.0).

If I have to run the Standalone version of SEN2COR, can someone give me a step-by-step guide on how to do that? I’m using WIndows 10

I also had the same error but was able to open the L2 product after updating within SNAP
Menu -> Tools ->Plugins -> Updates

2 Likes