Path names for Sen2cor 2.5.5 in SNAP 6 using mac OS

Hello,
I am a new Sentinel-2 toolbox user and working my way through installation on a Mac OS. I have SNAP 6 up and running. I have downloaded Sen2cor-02.05.05-Darwin64.zip and unzipped it, installed the sen2cor plugin in SNAP and run the updates.

When I first tried running sen2cor from within SNAP, I got this error message.

"Before executing the tool, please correct the errors below:

Path does not exist: ‘/bin/L2A_Process’
Working path does not exist: ‘Users/paulbullock/documents/sen2cor’
Variable SEN2COR_BIN is not set"

I found a very useful post in Research Gate from someone having similar problems running Sen2cor from within SNAP on a Windows system. One of the solutions was to create the missing working path folder. I tried doing that within my “documents” folder and it changed the error message as below:

"Before executing the tool, please correct the errors below:

Path does not exist: ‘/bin/L2A_Process’
Variable SEN2COR_BIN is not set"

So adding the folder to “documents” as suggested was helpful. The same post in Research Gate also said to create a folder “C:$SEN2COR_BIN” and put in a subfolder “aux_data” and then the unzipped Sen2cor-02.05.05-Darwin64 files inside. I tried creating a folder “$SEN2COR_BIN” with this subfolder and the files, first on the main mac hard drive, which did not work, and then in my user folder on the hard drive. In either case, when I try to run the sen2cor plugin in SNAP, the dialog window will not even open up. As soon as I remove this folder, I go back to getting the same error above.

The Research Gate post also said to create a folder "C\Users\yourusername.snap\auxdata with the Sen2cor-02.05.05-Darwin64 files within. When I tried to create the folder “.snap”, I got this error message:

“You can’t use a name that begins with a dot because these names are reserved for the system. Please choose another name.”

So I think that my problem is related to path names but I don’t know how to address the issue. The posts that I have found with similar errors all talk about setting a Python path but I was under the impression that Python was not required for this version of sen2cor.

Could someone help me to figure this out.

prb

Hi,

have you tried to install sen2cor directly from SNAP? Tools->Manage External Tools -> Sen2Cor ->Edit . In the Bundled binaries option, in the MacOS tab, you should have a button for downloading and installing it automatically.

Thank-you. This is definitely the window that I need to do the installation. Unfortunately, I am not sufficiently savvy to get it to solve the problems I am having.

I have tried both the remote and local installation file locations in Bundled Binaries and I can get to the point where it says the adapter was exported as a NetBeans module to a folder that I specify. When I try running sen2cor, it fails with the same error message as previously, but when I click out of that error message, I get a new window saying “A bundle has been configured for this adapter. Do you want to proceed with bundle download/installation?” When I click “yes”, after a few seconds I get another message saying “Bundle was installed in location: /Users/paulbullock/.snap/auxdata/Sen2Cor-02.05.05-Darwin64”. This sounds very promising except that it is not true. No such folder is created in that location, so Sen2cor continues to fail with the same error message as previously.

I guess I need a full “idiot-proof” installation guide for the SNAP installation of Sen2cor. I am thinking that there are critical pieces I am missing perhaps in the Bundled Binaries window, the System Variables window or the Configuration Parameters window.

Thanks for guiding me to this location. Now I just need to find a comprehensive set of instructions on how to use it.

prb

I have been trying to install sen2cor in my mac too, no success neither. In my case I find a “Bundle installation failed” message and I could not go any further. Any possibility of having the bundle to install it from local?