RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) read product

Dear all,

I would like to preprocess some RCM images in SNAP. However, when I try to read the RCM product, I receive the following error:

I tried to open both the zip file and the manifast.safe file, but neither works. I am able to open the .tif files from the imagery folder, but then the metadata is not included . When I want to preprocess the product, I receive the error that this is not possible as it is not a SAR product.

NB: I work with SNAP 7.0, and have the latest updates installed.

Anyone that could help? Thank you very much in advance!

Did you try unpacking the .zip and then opening the manifest.safe?

Dear @mengdahl,

Thank you very much for reply!
Yes, I did. When I do this for a Sentinel-1 SAR image for example, indeed this works without any problem. However, when I try opening the manifast.safe file of my RCM product, I receive the same error as you can see in the image I added above (org.csa.rstb.io.rcm.RCMProductReader).

Hi @mengdahl,

Sorry for another message! Especially in these weird Covid-19 times, where things for you work probably very differently from normal I assume.

However, when you would have time; I was wondering whether you had any ideas for maybe a work-around on the RCM-reader problem? Also with the RCM test data (downloaded from ftp://ftp.asc-csa.gc.ca/users/OpenData_DonneesOuvertes/pub/RCM/ ) I receive the same error as stated above (org.csa.rstb.io.rcm.RCMProductReader), also when I try to open the Manifest.safe file.

Any ideas?
Thank you very much in advance!

All the best,
Sophie

@lveci should be able to help.

Thank you, Marcus! That would be very nice.
Your help is very much appreciated, @lveci. :slight_smile:

~ Sophie

There is a fix for the RCM operational products, it just needs to be released.

1 Like

That’s great news, thanks @lveci! Do you know by any chance when this will be released?

Dear @lveci,

Sorry for asking the same question again. I was wondering whether you would have an indication for the release date of the updated SNAP version that could import RCm data? Is this in the order of weeks / month / …? It would help me very much to have a rough indication :slight_smile:
Thank you very very much!

All the best,
Sophie

Good Day,

I am also currently having the same issues. I am able to open the tif files in the sample data at the link Sophie provided, but unable to open the manifest file.

Also, the RCM data my organization will be utilizing is most likely going to be NTIF format. Could you please advise if SNAP will be able to read this format? I did a google search on the subject, but couldn’t find any answers.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Dear @lveci,
I am still experiencing an error when attempting to open RCM data in SNAP. I get an error when attempting to input the .SAFE file, similar to others within this thread. As mentioned, we would like to utilize the .NTF file within RCM… I can open this file within SNAP, but there is no Lat/Long data and it looks in complete. I am able to open the .TIF file, and this has Lat/Long data and the image is more accurate. I’ve included a pic below of what it looks like.

Any guidance you can provide on a way forward would be great. I am guessing the update for RCM data has not been released yet?

Thanks!

Jeremy

1 Like

@lveci, this has still not been addressed. Could you please provide an update?

@lveci Bumping here - this update still has not been released. You mentioned in a previous post on this thread that it was “There is a fix for the RCM operational products, it just needs to be released.” in April 2020. Could you please provide an update on this?