Resampling to target size NPE

Resampling to a target width and height a GeoTIFF file (probably not important) in SNAP 4.0 updated to 4.0.2 as of today results in the following error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.common.resample.ResamplingOp.setReferenceValues(ResamplingOp.java:588)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.common.resample.ResamplingOp.initialize(ResamplingOp.java:143)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initializeOperator(OperatorContext.java:485)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getTargetProduct(OperatorContext.java:272)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getTargetProduct(Operator.java:385)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProductNS(GPF.java:315)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:290)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:269)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.resample.ResamplingDialog.createTargetProduct(ResamplingDialog.java:150)
    [catch] at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.SingleTargetProductDialog.onApply(SingleTargetProductDialog.java:125)
    	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.resample.ResamplingDialog.onApply(ResamplingDialog.java:141)
    [snip]

I will have a look at this later today. What kind of product have you used as input?

A GeoTIFF file, if that’s what your’re asking. But I don’t think it matters

Ah, you said it in your first post. I thought GeoTIFF is the output format.

No, I’m actually choosing “open in SNAP”.

I solved the problem (SNAP-603).
Probably I will release a module updated this week. The update will include the fix.

Oh, thanks for the fix and sorry for not noticing that the product was not geo-coded.