SAR data georeferencing in batch mode

Hi

I am interested in creating an automated workflow chain to process our SAR data. One such processing chain is to georeference our SAR data.

In SNAP, one is able to manually define ground control points (GCP) to improve the product’s geocoding and hence the ability to georeference that data. These GCPs can also be saved to a GCP.placemark file to be used at a later stage. For my first question: Is it possible to automate the loading of these .placemark files in batch mode? Are there command lines that enable this?

For my second question: Is it possible to automate the output of georeferenced SAR data as kmz files in batch mode?

Your response will be appreciated.
Regards
Umur

Are you working with airborne data? With spaceborne SARs manual GCP:s are practically never needed and a much better accuracy can be achieved with automatic means.

The batch processing in the GUI doesn’t allow for making substitutions although this would be a very good feature to have.
It only runs the given graph on a list of input products.
If you want some more flexibility in dynamically changing the variables in the graphs depending on your input, I would suggest you create a command line script and use GPT.

Hi

It is true that I am using airborne SAR data which I can load into SNAP. With GCPs, I can assign geocoding on the data and have it georeferenced (for now using EC). By exporting it to kmz, I can view the data on Google Earth.

The airborne SAR data is from our own sensors. We are currently developing a new airborne SAR sensor and we plan to take measurements soon. I am investigating SNAP (the s1tbx toolbox specifically) as a tool that could be used to process the SAR image once it is focused by our processors. I know that SNAP is meant specifically for spaceborne products but the tool is free to use and I want to see if it can be used for our purposes as that would potentially save on the cost of purchasing a commercial tool like SARscape or GAMMA.

Iveci, you have mentioned the command line script using GPT. The only GCP-related command Im seeing is GCP-Selection but that is meant specifically for InSAR coregistration. Are their any other commands I can use to load in GCP.placemark files and apply some polynomial interpolation (linear, quadratic or cubic) as is done in the GUI? Or does this functionality not exist in the GPT?

Regards
Umur

can you please tell me how to georeference a Airborne Sar data