Sen2Cor-02.08.00-win64 .tif files have no coordinate system

Hello,

I’ve found an error in the code of the Sen2Cor-02.08.00-win64 version when trying to get .tif as an output, but have been able to fix at least one part of it.

Navigate to:
Sen2Cor-02.08.00-win64\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor\cfg\S2-PDGS-TAS-DI-PSD-V14.5_Schema\DICO\PDI-V14\DataAccess\item\item2A.xsd

Replace .jp2 with .tif in the string: GRANULE/L2A_T[\w{Lu}]{5}A\d{6}\d{8}T\d{6}/QI_DATA/T[\w{Lu}]{5}_\d{8}T\d{6}_PVI.jp2

This will allow the Sen2Cor process to run, however, the coordinate system still is not included with the final .tif files.

I’ve also navigated to \Sen2Cor-02.08.00-win64\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor\cfg\S2-PDGS-TAS-DI-PSD-V14.5_Schema\DICO\PDI-V14\PDGS\dimap\ and in both the dimap.xsd and dimap2A.xsd files I’ve replaced “JPEG2000” with “TIF” and “TIFF” but outputs were not different from the original. Is it possible to actually create .tif files as the output?

Thanks,
Robbie

I have found the same error using L2A_Process in Linux Ubuntu, tiff files exported without coordinate system. When not using the --tif flag the output in JPEG2000 format has the coordinate system, so the problem seems to be the tif file export option.

Hi Emiliano,

I have verified this issue with Copernicus EO Support and they plan to address it in future releases.

Thanks for the feedback,
Robbie