Sentinel-2 SNAP command line warning messages

I have a very simple graph that is trying to BandSelect a series of Sentinel-2 images all in a single folder.

I get the following WARNING and the processing continues giving the expected result. I’ve seen these messages in other posts on the forum but I cannot find an answer that gives an explanation for the warnings.

S2B_MSIL1C_20190423T113329_N0207_R080_T28PCC_20190423T133230
Executing processing graph
WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [metadata_level] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [granuleidentifier] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [bandid] does not exist
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
…10%…20%…30%…

Would you please to share your graph and how do you call it from the console,

1.0 BandSelect ${sourceProduct} B2,B3,B4

Command:

“C:\Program Files\snap\bin\gpt.exe” msi_pp2_graph.xml -e -t “C:\data\Senegal\msi_pp\S2B_MSIL1C_20171229T113449_N0206_R080_T28PCC_20171229T131913_UTM28N.dim” “C:\data\Senegal\msi_raw\S2B_MSIL1C_20171229T113449_N0206_R080_T28PCC_20171229T131913.zip”

Graph:

1.0 BandSelect ${sourceProduct} B2,B3,B4

The XML in the graph gets mangled by this system so won’t render as it appears in my browser. It it one simple node with a very simple BandSelect

Please write your replies within one post, did you use bash file or only simple xml? Please share the whole file, the second thing you try to call. .*DIM, and the product result is .*zip this is not correct, I asked you to share the graph, what you want to do? Also do use Windows or Linux?

This is not graph , what do you intend to apply?

As I said in my previous post I DO have a graph but when I copy it into this text box the XML does not get rendered so I have no way to share it with you!

It is one single node in one single XML file. I have been processing Sentinel-1 data for weeks without seeing these warnings so I assume it is something to do with how the data is stored in the Sentinel-2 zip file.

I then call my graph.xml file from the command that I have shared above …

You could upload it, No need to copy, upload the whole file , if you can’t take a screenshot to your graph,

Did you use SNAP, to create this xml? Because I dindn’t find an operator so-called bandselect.

other thing in your xml is selected polarization there is no polarization in S-2

In order to add xml to the post you can mark the text and then press the button
image for preformatted text.
As far as I know the warnings are not harmful. Just optional metadata which can not be found. Maybe they were present in previous product format versions. Maybe @obarrilero can tell more details.

Hi @clive3, as explained by Marco, the warning messages are not problematic. They are caused by some modifications in the product format, but your output should be OK.

Hi @marpet would you please to clarify the selected polarization, as I know only SAR data have polarization, the second point if that possible, I didn’t find bandSelect in graph builder. Thanks a lot.

Initially, BandSelect was developed by @lveci for the S1TBX and SAR data.
You can find it in the operator menu in Raster \ Data Conversion \ BandSelect
The polarization field can only be set for SAR data in the GraphBuilder.

1 Like

@marpet Thanks a lot.