SNAP 8.0 64bit java problem...when launching

Just installed SNAP 8.0 64bit on my PC. On the initial boot, the updates are performed and installed. Once I drag and drop or try to open a sentiel-1 image, I get this problem :

A java.lang.IllegalStateException exception has occurred.
*** Click Show Details or see the messages.log file located in your C:\Users\LoanerOpti\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\var\log folder.***

I tried to locate the path, but AppData was not in said directory.

any ideas??

The AppData folder is hidden, you can either display all hidden files or enter the path manually to locate the log file

Windows File Explorer defaults are to hide the %USERPROFILE%\AppData folder. You can change this setting, but it is often more efficient to use a PowerShell terminal:

PS> cd $env:USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\var\log
PS> more .\messages.log

Note that you can easily copy and paste text from a terminal to forum posts. Windows GUI tools are fine until something doesn’t work as expected, then you will find that learning some basic command-line procedures (starting with the above link) is well worth the time required.

I have the same problem !
Please , are you find a solution

The original post was over two years ago, so unless you use a Time Machine, many things have changed.

Please start a new thread with full details: OS, SNAP version, etc. as described in the FAQ.