Snap2stamps package: a free tool to automate the SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

I would suggest you to read the original User Manuals of the software you use.
Just remember that in the forum some subjects may not be covered.

Regarding

• ref point: requires either the availability of GNSS station with a PS point near that location or a good understanding to get a PS located in a stable point (geodetic point) or over a rock area for which you may have the knowledge to be stable (specific in-situ knowledge)

• APS removal: the good answer is always it depends. As it seems you are learning I suggest you to test them all and then verify which works better for your specific use case and study area.

I suggest you dig a bit and find the best approach that you will be familiar with.
Personally, I found it easier to apply TRAIN on linear atmo-topo phase relationship on AOIs containing large topography range difference (> 1km), but this may not solve all APS on the scenes.

I hope this helps.
Best,

2 Likes

Very thanks for your precious feedback and for your time @mdelgado,
I already start investigating these aspects of the workflow. If I reach some interesting results I will write in the forum.

My best,
Othmane.

I will try to use a different DEM downloaded manually as you have mentioned

But I highly believe the atmospheric signal to be the main reason of having topography-like pattern and very noisy time series plot like this.

I have used TRAIN’s linear approach which you have mentioned in this paper https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327253039_ESA_SNAP_-_StaMPS_Integrated_processing_for_Sentinel-1_Persistent_Scatterer_Interferometry
but unfortunately the noise persisted, so what may I do?

Have you tried using other correction models?

@mdelgado I recently finished my thesis using stamps in which i got good results, one problem I faced is the discontinuation of python 2 and having to use older versions of linux so, is there any chance of getting an update this year that solves these problems?

Happy to heard you managed to successfully SNAP2StaMPS. The problem you mentioned is being address :wink: but thanks for letting us know anyway.

1 Like

The problem always emerges with the last patch no matter how many patches I try the different values of da, What else can I do? the interferograms look noisy but they are complete, no signs of dark or empty data

I can only ask you which are the sizes of the files located inside that PATCH_12

@jun_lu :sorry to bother you ,how can I chang the default DEM to SRTM 1Sec HGT in order to get a better result of coregistration regarding Snap2stamps package

Sorry for delayed answer as I have repeated preprocessing with a slightly smaller subset areas making sure the AOI boundaries are still inside the pre-splitted bursts and I still have got the same error eventually. The size of the patches are as following

PATCH_1 >> 6.9 Gb
PATCH_2 >> 8.3 Gb
PATCH_3 >>8.3 Gb
PATCH_4 >>6.6 Gb
PATCH_5 >>7.1 Gb
PATCH_6 >>8.0 Gb
PATCH_7 >>6.2 Gb
PATCH_8 >>3.5 Gb
PATCH_9 >>3.0 Gb
PATCH_10 >>2.4 Gb
PATCH_11 >>283 Mb
PATCH_12 >>18 Mb

I have doubts that the inclusion of a water body inside the study area may have been causing that error but I have tried a different, older and time series with significantly lesser number of interferograms and it never had that error. Here’s what the AOI looks like

I have plotted some patches and realized the approximate location of Patch 12, it contains mostly water. what is I completely ignore this patch and continue further steps and see if any further error occurs? does ignoring a patch cause any problems after merging, I mean, the AOI would no longer be square/rectagular, so would this missing part disrupt the path-following phase unwrapping process?

Patch 11 example of one interferogram

patch 10

patch 9

Did anyone try snap2stamps module with snap9?which xml script should modified ,help me please!

You need to modify certain lines in one of the following graph files
coreg_ifg_computation.xml (if you’re going use the entire area of the pre-split bursts)
coreg_ifg_computation_subset.xml (if you are going to subset AOI from the bursts during the interferogram creation step)

you will replace line 49 with two additional lines as explained in this screenshot
here’s what you will do

Explanation in details is found here

OK,thanks very much! the changed scripts just like snap7,I’ll have a try and feedback soon

Question:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/yzx/.matlab/R2018a/History.xml (Permission denied)
strange!!!,I cann’t find the directory ./matlab and file History.xml after mt_prep_snap(snap9,ubuntu18.04) and set Path in Matlab when typing getparm

sloved by chmod 777,sorry to bother

1 Like

Hello

I have been attempting to do Psinsar using the snap2Stemp workflow. Following the steps mentioned in the manual, I got to the StaMPS export step, and as a result, a project folder contains the final output structure in four folders: rslc, diff0, geo, and dem. Please, if you could help me, I have some issues.

1. in order to prepare data before running data, but I have an error when I run mt_prep_snap: command not found.

2. I installed Stamps-4.1-beta, and I know I need to make some changes to the configuration. My question is: in which lines should I give a path in StaMPS? CONFIG.bash?

Thanks and Best regards.

Both your questions address proper installation.

Have you seen this? StaMPS/1_stamps_setup.md · master · Matthias Schlögl / gis-blog · GitLab

1 Like

No, I didn’t, I’ll go through it and let you know if the error is resolved.
Thank you

Dear ABraun

I have installed Triangle and Snaphu and made the configuration in StaMPSCONFIG.bash as mentioned in the links that you shared with me. But unfortunately,
I still face the same error when I try to run mt_prep_snap: command not found.

1 Like