Snappy and C:\Program Files error

I’m sure I am not the only person to run into this problem but I can’t find any similar topic in this forum.

I’m trying to install Snappy to work with my 3.x version of python (the one that automatically gets installed with ArcGIS Pro). The problem is that the python executable is located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3

So when I follow the instructions at https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SNAP/pages/50855941/Configure+Python+to+use+the+SNAP-Python+snappy+interface, the installation stops with the message:

Python interpreter executable not found: C:\Python

So obviously the space between Program and Files is causing a problem. Does anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve uninstalling one or two programs?

Much thanks!
Michael

You can either put the path into quotes:
“C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3”
or you can use the short version of the ‘Program Files’ folder which is ‘progra~1’.

Thanks, the quotes helped. I still got an error but this time it’s at least trying to install. The error was return code 10, which according to the snappyutil.log has something to do with ‘jpy’.

I’ll investigate this further. If you have any immediate insight, feel free to enlighten me.

SNAP provides jpy wheels for only a few Python versions:

$ jar -tf org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar | grep 'jpy.*-win_amd64'
lib/jpy-0.9.0-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl
lib/jpy-0.9.0-cp34-cp34m-win_amd64.whl
lib/jpy-0.9.0-cp35-cp35m-win_amd64.whl
lib/jpy-0.9.0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl

Check this against ArcGIS Python Versions.

If your version of ArcGIS doesn’t have python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, or 3.6, you may want to install the free Python 3.6. Note that ArcGIS Python often provides older versions of 3rd party packages so you may end up needing a separate Python installation anyway.