Snappy-conf GDAL issue

Hello,

I am attempting to configure snappy to work with a Python 2.7 Anaconda environment. I am getting the following error (from thesnappyutil.log document):

ERROR: Configuration failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\snappyutil.py", line 266, in _main
    force=args.force)
  File ".\snappyutil.py", line 213, in _configure_snappy
    __import__('snappy')
  File "C:\Users\gkilleen\.snap\snap-python\snappy\..\snappy\__init__.py", line 380, in <module>
    Engine.start()
RuntimeError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.gdal.gdalconst.gdalconstJNI.GDT_Unknown_get()I

Does anyone know what’s causing the issue? I have GDAL installed and it works from the command line.

Thank you,
Grady

GDAL can be tricky, espcially in Windows. If you use multiple GIS and related applications, you may have many GDAL libraries. How did you install gdal? There is an anaconda package, but it can’t always be installed due to conflicts with other python packages, and the command-line tools are buried so I suspect you have a standalone GDAL. This is unlikely to work with anaconda python because the libraries may require different runtime support than anaconda provides.

Have you checked that gdal can be used in anaconda python (see Is GDAL OGR installed??

Thank you very much for your help. You were correct about package conflicts causing an issue. To get around this, I created a new Anaconda environment for use with snappy and it is working fine now.