Snappy Installation on remote machine not working with X11 forward

This is a bug report and also for others which might have the same issue.
When running snappy-conf of SNAP 6.0.0 I had the following error two times:

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "On Start/Stop"

The reason seems to have been that I’ve had

ForwardX11 yes

in my ssh config for this machine. Removing this line makes snappy install correctly. So it seems that there is still something not quite right with handling non-gui environments.

What command are you using to run this? I’ve been installing SNAP within docker images and having no problems with it.

I’ve only been running snappy-conf <path-to-python-executable>. I’ve also never had problems when installing snap + snappy in docker. This only occurred when I had a X11 forward in my SSH config.

Old issue, adding additional information using SNAP 7

When using Xvbf, snappy-conf script fails with the same behaviour.

To reproduce:

• start a process of Xvbf
  • run snap --nosplash --nogui

You’ll get:

snap --nogui --nosplash --python /opt/anaconda/envs/env_flood_pre//bin/python3.7

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread “On Start/Stop”

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread “On Start/Stop”

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread “Folder Instance Processor”