Subset with Detector footprint

Hello there.

Until de radiometric difference between MSI detectors over ocean is solved, I would like to know if it is possible to crop the image following the exact footprint of detectors in order to process those subsets separately and later on merge them. We are trying to apply classifiers over ocean scenes, but this issue makes the challenge impossible, due to the different observation angle of each detector.

Thanks

Whilst you cannot create non-rectangular subsets, I suggest you use the masks for the various bands and detectors. You could apply a valid-pixel-expression so that for each detector range you can use different angles. This is what I’d recommend. If you really want to create new bands, you can create virtual bands by using simple band maths expressions (e.g., B1 * ‘detector_footprint-B01-04’ ).
Merging the results should be no problem, maybe another band maths expression could be enough.

Hi Tonio

Thank you very much for your answer, it showed a helpful path to follow. I have tried to operate as you suggested but when the new band is created multiplying the original band and the footprint, I get an error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

I am working with the image resampled to 10 m resolution. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you