Install snappy Error

I want to install snappy in my computer(64 bit).And I do as the instruction of @ABraun(Link: http://forum.step.esa.int/t/snappy-ini-not-found-make-new-one/7422/4)However, I encounter the following error.

INFO: Installing from Java module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
WARNING: Architecture requirement possibly not met: Python is amd64 but JVM requires x86
INFO: Installing jpy…
INFO: Extracting ‘lib/jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win32.whl’ from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
INFO: Unzipping ‘C:\Users\Baikal.snap\snap-python\snappy\lib\jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win32.whl’
INFO: Configuring jpy…
INFO: jpy Python API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Baikal.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.py’
INFO: jpy Java API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Baikal.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.properties’
INFO: Configuring snappy…
INFO: snappy configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Baikal.snap\snap-python\snappy\snappy.ini’
INFO: Importing snappy for final test…
ERROR: Configuration failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 266, in _main
force=args.force)
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 213, in configure_snappy
import(‘snappy’)
File "C:\Users\Baikal.snap\snap-python\snappy…\snappy_init
.py", line 235, in
jpy.create_jvm(options=_get_snap_jvm_options())
RuntimeError: jpy: failed to create Java VM

What’s the reason?Thanks in advance.

Hi,

which version of SNAP have you installed? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hi,

First don’t forget to use for a 32-bit Python, make sure to also install a 32-bit and 64-bit need a 64-bit .

and All the problems are from the JDk :slight_smile:

try to fellow the instructions of this post and I hope it works

good luck

It seems that the problem is an incompatibility between your python version and your SNAP version, since it seems that your SNAP version is 32 bits. If you see the version in Help -> About SNAP…, can you see anything about 32 or 64 bits?

Sorry, I look at my install log file.I found the SNAP version is 32 bit.Sorry.

Try to install the 64 bits version and configure again your python, it should work.

However,I installed the 64 bit version of SNAP and 32 bit python, but there are errors, so I installed 32 bit versions. I have encountered many errors.I was dizzy.But still thanks for your kindness.
@Smail have give me his solved method. Due to I waste too much time in this question, then now I’m willing to achieve my goal using Matlab first, then I will try his solution in my spare time.

Thank you,all.

1 Like