Issues in sen2cor-2.3.1 setup?

I am attempting the Windows installer: sen2cor-2.3.1.zip

I am getting some errors I don’t understand. When I look through the sen2cor directory, I can not find any mention of the file (warning messages below). Once these warnings come up, then I get a whole bunch of error messages, mostly SyntacErrors.

Help?

warning: no previously-included files matching ‘L2A_AtmCorr.py’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching ‘L2A_Process.spec’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching ‘L2A_TestUtils.py’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching ‘.estimation’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching ‘_report.xml’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '
.bak’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching ‘.tmp’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '
.~’ found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files found matching ‘sen2cor*.pyc’
warning: no previously-included files found matching ‘sen2cor*.c’
warning: no previously-included files found matching ‘sen2cor*.o’

Where did you download sen2cor-2.3.1.zip?
Did you extract the full zip archive?

Hi - I got the file from http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/sen2cor/. As I look around this Forum, I see people mostly used the Anaconda Python 2.7 version. I am downloading that now to try it. (Shows I should maybe pay more attention to the Readme file that was provided) .

I extracted all files/folders from the zip archive. I do note that while I cannot find files such as L2A_AtmCorr.py I can find L2A_AtmCorr.pyd . I am not too familiar with Python, does this mean something?

yes, many tried to compile it successfully with other already existing python installations but very few of them worked. So if you don’t depend on it, uninstall your previous python installation (reboot afterwards) and completely replace it by Anaconda 2.

Ah - once Anaconda was installed, all seems to progress better. I did get the following warning, should I be concerned?

Checking for conda glymur package of version 0.8.4 …
Cannot uninstall requirement glymur, not installed
Collecting glymur==0.8.6
Downloading Glymur-0.8.6.tar.gz (3.3MB)
100% |################################| 3.3MB 2.2MB/s

yes, sen2cor usually fetches all required packages from the web.
Sometimes, single ones of them have to be installed manually after installation (using the pip command), but you’ll see that when you run sen2cor the first time. Best way checking for dependencies is typing L2A_process in your command line.

Hmmm. I have sen2cor now part of SNAP. Now I get failures when I try to derive the L2A product. The black window states:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.3.1-py2.7.egg\sen2cor/L2A_Process.py”, line 14, in
from L2A_Schedule import L2A_Schedule
File “C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.3.1-py2.7.egg\sen2cor\L2A_Schedule.py”, line 11, in
from L2A_ProcessTile import L2A_ProcessTile, SUCCESS, FAILURE
File “C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.3.1-py2.7.egg\sen2cor\L2A_ProcessTile.py”, line 12, in
from L2A_Tables import L2A_Tables
File “C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.3.1-py2.7.egg\sen2cor\L2A_Tables.py”, line 26, in
from osgeo.gdal_array import BandReadAsArray
File “C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\lib\site-packages\osgeo_init_.py”, line 21, in
gdal = swig_import_helper()
File "C:\Users\pwhite\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda2\lib\site-packages\osgeo_init
.py", line 17, in swig_import_helper
_mod = imp.load_module(’_gdal’, fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
Process exited with value 1
Finished tool execution in 3 seconds

this was also reported last week but I have no idea what causes it…

Hi - I am running Windows 7 Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (64 bit). I am looking for (but have yet to find) the SNAP log file. (Where is this SNAP log file anyway?)

Did the other person get it to work in some way? (uninstall/reinstall maybe?)

Hi - As a note, I’ve spoken to a few people around who haven’t been able to get sen2cor to work and have turned to various commercial packages to derive the L2A product. Has there been any comparison done between sen2cor and what the commercial systems offer?