With Sentinel-1a and Sentinel-1b it is not
possible to make a single-pass product, as they are not flying in
(bi-static) Tandem. It is possible to make mono-static repeat-pass DEM’s
from either Sentinel-1a or Sentinel-1b, but the repeat pass
configuration will introduce atmospheric-induced DEM errors with
hundreds of meters of error, i.e., much worse than the DEM products of
e.g. SRTM, which you can easily download for free. Moreover, also the
spatial resolution will be much worse.

For this reason, I assume that your request may not be necessary. Please inform me if you have any further questions

Kind regards,
Prof: XXXX

Hi!

I try to arrive to the step “phase to displacement”, therefore I followed S1 TOPS coregistration -> interferogram formation -> S-1 TOPS Deburst -> Topographic phase removal -> Goldstein phase filtering -> SNAPHU export, after, I try to run into cygwin with the following steps: copy the exported files (not folder) to bin folder of SNAPHU-> Open snaphu.conf file -> Run Cygwin as admin -> navigate to bin folder -> Type and execute the command in the conf file, however when I try to execute cywin only appear

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, I hope that you can help me, I only have two weeks to use the computer of the laboratory.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your advice. I did this for unwrapping in snaphu but unfortunately i got the same error that is unable to read configuration file.

please help me

hi all
after installing the linux, then snaphu in linux i have got problem in snaphu configuration .I am following all the steps mentioned in asbove disscussion. plz help ASAP

above problem is solved by setting the work directory using “ls” and “cd” command. but i have new problem it showing “Unexpected or abnormal exit of child process 6880 Abort” after unwrapping 3-4 lines.
Is this problem due to the memory space less ?

maybe you could increase the number of tiles in your conf file so the parts to be processed are smaller.

Hi,could you pls explain me how i can perform unearping in windows10,with 8GB Ram.
I am working only on 1 subset.i dont think so that is a large file.

my advice to you is that you should use Linux. but if you want to do in window than you can use Virtual machin and install snaphu in virtual machin. I have tried also but not successful so i install linux.

Can you explain how to make subset file of sentinel 1 data in SNAP.

Please search the forum and study the available tutorials.

http://forum.step.esa.int/search?q=subset%20SLC

Thanks for your reply.
When you zoom in your interested region, by hiting right click you can select save this view as subspatial view …then you can sav it as sub plot and continue your processing on new

This is the common answer to some of the posts from last weeks @Pankaj_2806 @khalill @zahra0729 .
Currently there is no need to have cygwin or virtual machine to perform phase unwrapping with SNAPHU on Windows. Please refer to this page http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/snaphu/

You shall remember to add /bin folder of SNAPHU into your system PATH otherwise you would need to work always in the snaphu directory.

We will soon update tutorials using this method so it will be clear for everybody.

can you elaborate exactly after which step and on which image have to do this like-

1. after or before Co registration
  2. on interferrogram or on intensity image
  3. or i have to make subset in starting for different image and than Co register?
    answer ASAP

Thanks for your answer, but can you pls tell me ,how can i unwarping snaphu step by step in virtual linux,
I have installed virtual linux on my windows, and also I installed snaphu on it. but when i copy snaphu.conf in terminal of linux, it could not read it.:disappointed::disappointed:

Please use the one that Magdalena provided above:

http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/snaphu/

No need for virtual linux or cygwin.

It,s not important.but it,s better you do it after debrusting or interfrogeram formation

first of all you should check the existing folders by command"ls" then out of them set work directory by command “cd” . if possible put your data as outer as possible like “cd Desktp/folder name”. In folder you should have all the files which you copied from snaphu import.

In Unwrapping in snaphu i am getting a error “Error in 'snaphu: corrupted size vs. prev_size: 0x00000000017dfc30”.
can any one explain why this error is coming and how it can be removed ?
I make subset than did unwrapping , and unwrapping is processed upto the row 8, column 7(pid 2321) than above error comes.
what type of error is this ?