Preserving complex S1 data (SLC) in Calibration and ThermalNoiseRemoval operators

When applying the Calibration or ThermalNoiseRemoval Operators to a S1 SLC dataset (complex data), the result obtained is no longer complex valued. However, for our application we need to have the complex nature of the data preserved. Are there perhaps undocumented settings, or a recommended workaround to achieve this?

Thanks for pointing out this issue. I’ve the notice the same problem when processing SLC S1 images with SNAP (or S1Tbx). I’d like to add to this topic that the radiometric correction is not working for S1 data also when requested in the terrain correction phase.

I’m wondering if it would be possible to implement something like is already done for Radarsat-2 data where in the calibration procedure is explicitly asked if the user wants the output in complex value. Is this a possible solution?

I have the same problem too:
When applying the Calibration and ThermalNoiseRemoval Operators to a S1 SLC dataset (complex data), the result obtained is no longer complex valued
Do you find solution?