SNAP-python configuration error on mac

Hello!
I am new to SNAP. I want to configure python for SNAP. Basically I need to do some tasks with SNAP using Python. I learned that there’s a module called Snappy for this purpose.

I followed this link for the installation of SNAP : https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SNAP/How+to+use+the+SNAP+API+from+Python

I am having Python 3.7 installed on my mac. Because this isn’t supported, I used Miniconda2 for using Python2.7.
When I write “./snappy-config /Users/Vikram/miniconda2/bin/python2.7” in the bin folder of SNAP, I get an error message saying:

“Python configuration error: Python configuration failed.
Command [/Users/Vikram/miniconda2/bin/python2.7 ./snappyutil.py --snap_home /Applications/snap --java_module /Applications/snap/snap/modules/org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar --force --log_file ./snappyutil.log --java_home /Applications/snap/.install4j/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre --req_arch x86_64]
failed with return code 10.”
Below is the image for the terminal window.

The log file as pointed above is as follows:

I have already checked that both python and SNAP are 64 bit installations. What is it that I am doing wrong in the procedure. Is there something else that I need to do? Kindly help me out.

SNAP provides python binary “wheel” (.whl) files for a few common configurations. The messages indicates that the .whl file for your system is not provided, so you will have to use the 4-step process shown to generate one for your system. You may find that your (Apple provided) git fails at the first step.

Probably you need to build your own jpy for your Mac version.
It’s explained in the documentation of jpy how this can be done.