Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

Thank you very much Stanislav !
All the best
Katherine

Hi @ABraun ,
I started using the workflow between SNAP and stamps and I am currently facing the same problem as you did last month, namely that " Error opening file pscands.1.ij" message in the end of the mt_prep_gamma step. Did you by chance solve this problem?
Cheers,
Maryse

unfortunately not. Do you work on windows or linux?

I work on a Linux machine.
I think, that maybe the problem is due to this spelling error:

file name for zero amplitude PS: pscands.1.ij0

instead of pscands.1.ij
I think that the problem lies within the selpsc_patch script. I will try to get more information in the mainsar forum.
Maryse

alright, at least it is not platform-related.

You could be right about the variable pscands.1.ij0
But strange that it only happened to us… Please let me know if you receive an answer in the mainsar forum.

@ABraun, the solution is quite simple. Try to run mt_prep_gamma inside your “export” folder, like this:
mt_prep_gamma 20150806 /data2/…/Export_to_stamps/ 0.4 2 2 50 200

where:
mt_prep_gamma [your master] [full path to your working directory] [Amplitude disp.] [Number of patches in range] [Number of patches in azimuth] [overlapping pixels between patches in range] [overlapping pixels between patches in azimuth]

It worked for me, at least I didn’t get the error message concerning opening the pscands.1.ij file.
Unfortunately, I now got the same issue as @katherine before, namely that the pscands.1.ij file is empty…

6 Likes

you are right, thanks for clarification. It works for me now, too.
At least the error about opening pscands.1.ij is gone. But I can’t tell if the output makes sense, yet.

After SNAP export to STAMP, STAMP protsessing are possible Windows matlab?

you first need to run mt_prep_gamma

http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earahoo/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.3b1.pdf (beginning in chapter )

Please see also here:

The rest can be done in matlab.

2 Likes

I agree with you but some of us aren’t used to the matlab syntax. It is then hard to search for errrors and debug the scripts.

Hello everyone
I meet a problem when i run snap v5.03. To 22 SLC about sentinel-1A,i apply orbit files 、 split and back-geocoding, but when debursting, it processes only about 20% with 27 hours. My computer is 16RAM, I7CORES… I want to know whether you meet the problem . how can it process fast ? tell me , i will appreciate you.

Hi, Light,
I separated the set of images into two stacks with the same master , processed them separately and combined the results after export to StaMPS.
Katherine

hi, katherine, thank you, but i don’t know the StaMPS well. Can you tell me the details how to combine the results after export to StaMPS? Whether can i separate images into more stacks with same master?

Hi Light,
I combined the results of processing of two stacks before launching StaMPS after the SNAP’s procedure "StaMPS export’. I have explained my processing chain in the post How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP 5 .
Good luck,
Katherine

1 Like

Thank you very much, katherine

Light

Dear @ABraun
The link to the tutorial of Dr Mahdi Motagh seems to be broken, It will be so nice of you if you could please send me a copy of this tutorial Email waqas782[at]gmail.com

Many thanks
Waqas

Dear all,

I have an error i can not run ps_plot, i have finished step stamps(5,5) and i run it in the INSAR_masterdate folder but it doesn’t work, any help please?

_Error: File: /usr/local/StaMPS_v3.3b1/matlab/parseplotprm.m Line: 98
A BREAK may only be used within a FOR or WHILE loop, and then only within the same file as its corresponding FOR or WHILE statement.
Error in ps_plot (line 128)
parseplotprm % check if ‘ts’, ‘a_m’, ‘a_l’, ‘a_p’, ‘ifg i^th’, 'ext PATH ’ is specified

Can you please upload the tutorial of ps processing by Dr. Mahdi Motagh, if you still have a copy

As these materials are not my personal property I would preferably refrain from doing so, sorry.

Hi waqas782
If you get a copy about “SAR-EDU_stamps_Motagh.pdf”, please send me one Email winyydgn@gmail.com
Thank you!
Light