Atmospheric Correction for InSAR

Hopefully, because I am always the one being helped.

Also, I got this one answer about atmospheric effects in the interferogram phase. This is from HAZA03.

“An indirect way to identify potential contribution of the atmosphere is to generate multiple inteferograms over the same period using different DInSAR pairs and compare the obtained displacement estimates.”

Below is the screenshot of my interferogram products. Is this what it means by multiple interferograms?

Yes, this could be great idea as well,

No, I meant the result of TRAIN results of some interferogram like before and after, to compare the A. effects, And how did you use TRAIN,

Hi all

I did my request for google group of TRAIN, meanwhile also, I did the request for the GACOS atmospheric correction platform, they answered me and send me maps (.ztd files) of each images with their date … but, now I don ’ t know, how I can use this maps to make my ifgs again ???
Somebody have an idea?

Thanks for advance

1 Like

Hi,GACOS provides the matlab code, you just provide the unwraphase file

Thanks @hexishan, which format is for the ifg? .dim?

Somebody ti know where is the value of zenith total delay in the metadata of Sentinel 1? or how I can calculate this?

No,I use the geocoeded unwraphase file,which format is .tif, I used matlab to read and convert to binary format! * I can make the program work, but I’m not sure it’s correct fig|666x500

geocoded unwrapped ??? really???:thinking:

Hello everyone.

In the forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/train_support/tutorial|sort:date/train_support/y5Yldmey1xw/Q7c5_va2skAJ David Bakaert mentions that he made a tutorial that includes the data to test TRAIN, but I can’t find it on his page, I can’t ask be cause my application is pending to approval.

Can anyone share this tutorial?

Thank you.

Please take a look it is here,

Source :http://www.davidbekaert.com/#contact

Thank you @falahfakhri .

I tried to access the download link but it apparently doesn’t work. I will send an email to David to ask him directly for the tutorial.

While trying to run TRAIN with a data set processed with STAMPS, I got the following results:

ps_plot(‘a_linear’)

ps_plot(‘u-a’,‘a_linear’)

ps_plot(‘v-do’)

ps_plot(‘v-dao’,‘a_linear’)

I’m really not sure of the result or if I apply TRAIN well.

1 Like

No it works, but simply doesn’t show any download action, you could find it within the folder where you download your data, TRAIN_manual.pdf (673.4 KB) But I uploaded it to you in any case,

You could see what you have removed using the command ps_plot(‘o’,1) .

Could you check up this as well ! ps_plot(‘u-dmo’,1)

Could you share the results before applying TRAIN!

1 Like

Hello!

Can you please share some insights on how to use Stamps?

I am new to programming and do not really understand how to Stamps. I am trying to learn SBAS and PSI for my dissertation but I don not understand anything. So far I am able to get unwrapped interferograms individually using SNAP. But I believe that the results may have some decorrelation problems and I need to get rid of them and get deformation maps. I have read many papers which say that after using SBAS, we can get deformation maps directly, so I need to learn SBAS and PSI methods.

Thank you in advance!

This post should help you for a start: About the StaMPS category

1 Like

This post should help you for a start: About the StaMPS category

Hello @mdelgado

I’ve been trying to integrate TRAIN to StaMPS, I’ve following the steps in the manual, but I can’t run it correctly when StaMPS runs step 6, I get a warning “set manual lambda in parms_aps” and “set manual heading in parms_aps”, I falsified these files with parms values and I got to solve it as David Baker says in TRAIN forum, but after that, StaMPS take a pause waiting for input data but I don’t know what to input to continue the processing.

APS_CONFIG.sh

STAMPS_CONFIG.bash

Shell

StaMPS processing is waiting for input

I know TRAIN is integrated into StaMPS and some of the steps are automatically, such as prepare files. I think the problem is the configuration but I don’t know where is my error or why TRAIN wait for input data.

Some months ago, I had success running TRAIN in a_linear method as I showed in my post above, but I don’t know what I’m doing bad now. I know there is a TRAIN forum but I don’t find the same problem such as mine and my request to be user has not been accepted, I can’t post there.

Thank you.

Hi, @ABraun!

It’s me again. I am trying to do STEP 9 (TRAIN) after saving the .kml file.

What I did is (following Dr. Matthias documentation):

setparm_aps(‘gacos_datapath’, “…”)

But I am getting this error. I tried to look around the forum (ending up here) but I could’t find a solution.

Also, I tried going through the TRAIN manual but unfortunately it is hard for me to digest everything. I also could not download the TRAIN Tutorial mentioned from the help group.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

sorry, I have never used TRAIN or GACOS so far.
Best way to reduce atmospheric disturbances are long time series. In StaMPS, you can later remove interferograms of dates which sow abnormal displacement values from the time-series or plotting.

Ok. I see. Then, I will skip for the mean time STEP 9.

Or maybe I can ask @mdelgado. I’ve read his paper published in January 2019. Their group employed TRAIN.

Thank you.

I have only used the linear mode. Generally I do not like applied modelled APS into the interferograms.

They may be very useful, but you need to be very careful as sometimes modelled APS introduces more error that it tries to remove.

If you do not master about APS matter, I suggest either to apply the most basic approaches linear or power, or the step 8 incorporated within StaMPS, which is the traditional spatio-temporal filtering (now a bit old fashion)

1 Like