C2RCC for Landsat with landmark?

Hello! I want to use the C2RCC tools to produce a TSM measurement for landsat imagery, but I also want to mask the land pixels. Is there a workflow for this with the GUI? I have successfully generated the C2RCC product from a landsat 8 L1TP image, but am struggling with getting a landmark.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dulci

C2RCC automatically masks land pixels.

The C2RCC output for landsat 8 does not mask land pixels when the input is a L1TP Landsat 8 image.

Are there options that I need to choose to tell it to do so? I see the valid pixel values toggle in the processing parameters, but there is no flag with the L8 L1TP image data for land or water.

Am I starting with the wrong level of Landsat 8 processing?

Here is a screenshot of the RGB display of the RRs bands output by C2RCC:

Here is a screenshot of the TSM band with a random color bar assigned so all the pixels can be seen:

I have looked through the guides that I can find for using the C2RCC & have not found anything to help with Landsat 8 processing. A point in the right direction would be useful.

Thanks so much!

you; re right, sorry. It was masked for Sentinel-2 data, so I assumed it would be the same for every input. But I tested it and got the same result at first:

You can select “Add Elevation Band”, to get SRTM elevations into your product

grafik

Then you open the band properties of your cocentration raster and add
AND elevation > 0 (0 if you’re working in coastal areas, the constant value of your sea surface, when you are working with inland water bodies, I had to select 1117 meters for Lake Victoria)
to the valid pixel expression (there is already some term defined, so let’s leave it in there)

This is the result:

Is this a work-around you could use?

By the way: The reason why the Land/Sea mask operator failed (it did for me) is probably, because SRTM is in lat/lon coordinates and the Landsat product is in UTM coordinates. So another option would be to reproject your data to WGS84 and run the Land/Sea mask operator again.

Ok. This is really helpful! Thank you. I am used to having to use some work-around with Landsat. I will try both these options and see how it goes.

Cheers!

alright, great!
Just one more thing: When you reproject your data, make sure to un-check “reproject tie-point grids” unless you really need them, because these are just rasters with coordinates and most of the cases not required, but the whole processing takes considerably longer.